Redemption Bourbon

BDanner
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone had any of this? Just showed up at my local ABC. Label is very open about it being from MGP Lawrenceburg, IN. Not a bad price at $26...

12861.jpg

Yeah not in a few years but thats just a package redesign from the old bottles, it is fine but definitely on the young side.  The new packaging is classier but I kind of liked the old bottles really different from other things on the market. Modern is probably a drawback for most though when picking a bourbon.

Redemption.jpg

yea, I wasn't a fan of the modern styled bottles either, but what was most important was that their bourbon is quite young and it showed.

I recall seeing that skinny bottle in other stores. Didn't realize it was the same product. Funny, this could go under the "bottle discussion" on another thread. I never gave it a second look when it was in the skinny modern bottle. I saw it this week in the new bottle and my interest was immediately piqued.

ALERT - check that label closely - I saw it as well but the age statement that is required is there on the back and it's something like aged less than 1 year.  

It was shown to me by one of the area ABC managers and it looked light in color to me so I looked closer - doesn't say Straight Bourbon Whiskey which sent me looking for the age statement - had to hunt a little and then I saw it - I let her know and put it down quickly :) 

Don't know about the bourbon but tried the rye in the same bottle last night and was thoroughly unimpressed.

15 hours ago, Hop said:

ALERT - check that label closely - I saw it as well but the age statement that is required is there on the back and it's something like aged less than 1 year.  

It was shown to me by one of the area ABC managers and it looked light in color to me so I looked closer - doesn't say Straight Bourbon Whiskey which sent me looking for the age statement - had to hunt a little and then I saw it - I let her know and put it down quickly :) 

Wow...no thanks. If I ever decide I'm going to buy bourbon that young I'll support one of the NC distillers who are starting to release a bourbon here and there. 

Slightly off topic, but their rye in the slender bottle used to state aged at least two years. Now they are aged "no less than one year".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.