9yr Old Maker's Mark Tasting

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

About a year ago, a few disitilleries chose to make their 90 proof 86, without price change.

The 90 proof, is still available.

The change was made, a few noticed, but no one really raised a eyebrow to it. "Most" would not know that this happened. There are very few consumers, of this product, who can do a blind taste test (I talkin' ablsolute blind). Just put, a 86 and a 90 and ask this taster, to tell what is different? No other questions, just, "what is different". I really don't think that the "Average Joe" would know the difference.

So, thier decision was right. You can calculate, (for those of you who do numbers), what the profits were on that move. You do, what you have to do, to stay alive, without doing harm to the product. There are faithful, consumers of our EW on this board. It's their "everyday" pour. That change, has not affected thier preference, they make the same statements now, as they did a few years ago. I have not heard (or read) that the change that occured, made a difference.

Also note, that on "blend", the statement, that lets you know what's in that bottle has changed. Omission, of one word "bourbon". That gives way, to practically anything.*** A little clarification, I am not referring to blended whiskies. I am specifically referring to the 80-20, 70-30 stuff.

The statement used to say a % of bourbon whiskey, now it just says % whiskey.

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.