Restaurant Bourbon List What Would You Get

HoustonNit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/18/2017 at 4:47 PM, Clueby said:

I get nervous when I get above that $15-$20 per pour price that I'm actually getting what the bottle label says. Too many stories of Pappy bottles being refilled with OWA or W12, etc.  I've witnessed some bottles that never seem to change level over long periods of time.

Sorry to be a debbie downer on what sounds like a really good night out!

One of these bottles contains 2009 Pappy 15 and the other OWA. I love to ask people to pick out which one is which. Works out about 50/50 correct and the ratio doesn't change if you are a novice or an experienced drinker. So it isn't that far fetched. (PS I keep the faux-Pappy for my borthers-in-law which is what they go straight for to mix with Coke.)

20170319_112329[1].jpg

Well if they're charging $300 a pour I wouldn't expect the full level to change all that much. 

I do do get your point though. You always have to trust that you're getting what you pay for. 

Well the 20 year almost looks empty and they've only been open since the beginning of the year. Somebody balling in there.

I get nervous when I get above that $15-$20 per pour price that I'm actually getting what the bottle label says. Too many stories of Pappy bottles being refilled with OWA or W12, etc.  I've witnessed some bottles that never seem to change level over long periods of time.
Sorry to be a debbie downer on what sounds like a really good night out!

I find it too unlikely don't think the risk reward is there for them as that would ruin there reputation if word got out, only takes one disgruntled employee. Also with those prices why risk it there making a killing.

2 hours ago, Enoch said:

(PS I keep the faux-Pappy for my borthers-in-law which is what they go straight for to mix with Coke.)

I believe that entitles you to give them a shot to the nads.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is what I was given when asking for a Bourbon list at a local spot that's fairly new. Last time here I had OWA which was a surprise to see. Inquired about 3. Bookers, Michters, and Willet Pot Still. First two were 15, and 11. It had been a year or two since having the Michters 10, so I went that route. Yum!

IMG_0895.JPG

On 3/19/2017 at 5:28 PM, Enoch said:

I keep the faux-Pappy for my borthers-in-law which is what they go straight for to mix with Coke.)

We all say you should drink your bourbon the way you like it. When it comes to Pappy, though, there is not a single one of us who really believes it.

So this is what I was given when asking for a Bourbon list at a local spot that's fairly new. Last time here I had OWA which was a surprise to see. Inquired about 3. Bookers, Michters, and Willet Pot Still. First two were 15, and 11. It had been a year or two since having the Michters 10, so I went that route. Yum!
IMG_0895.thumb.JPG.1f6bc9a8508c93c6e6f44742225b7044.JPG

Substitute OGD BIB for basil Hayden.
Substitute Dickel rye for both redemption rye and bulleit rye
Just scratch out Willett pot still.

I would also scratch out whistle pig and Bulleit 10yr bourbon, but others here like them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.