Name This Bottle

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think you have a PHC POH, WT 1998 and a Weller possibly, not sure which one. Don't know the first of the four

3 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

I think you have a PHC POH, WT 1998 and a Weller possibly, not sure which one. Don't know the first of the four

The Weller is the Special Reserve.

The first bottle is the Old Heaven Hill Very Rare Old 8yr.

DING DING DING!!!  Good eyes everyone!  I got the age stated WSR right when I started really enjoying bourbon (2012), and it was fairly easy to find in Minneapolis, it was one of my first favorites.  I'll have to do a SBS with the age stated and NAS WSR, but I am not expecting much of a difference.  My local store also stocked bottom shelf Old Heaven Hill 8 year for $9.99, which was a go-to for a while.  Unfortunately that, and the Heaven Hill BIB vanished from shelves in 2014 or so.

Where are you jazz nut? I can only find the hh6 in KY.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jefferson's of some variation. I'll say JPS 18-because that's what I'd want it to be. :)

Where are you jazz nut? I can only find the hh6 in KY.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The 8yr was a Minnesota and one other state distributed product only. Not even available in the some state of Kentucky.

For the $9.99 to $11.99 it retailed for, it was a killer deal for old glut whiskey.

Still kick myself for not buying cases of this for bunkering.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, Clueby said:

Here ya go. I don't have as good a selection of bottles to choose from as some of you do!

20170414_210910.jpg

This one is still out there unanswered. 

10 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

That was quick...

IMG_7582.JPG

OGD 114, National Distillers.

Maybe very early JB distillate

14 hours ago, BFerguson said:

The 8yr was a Minnesota and one other state distributed product only. Not even available in the some state of Kentucky.

For the $9.99 to $11.99 it retailed for, it was a killer deal for old glut whiskey.

Still kick myself for not buying cases of this for bunkering.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably bought a case of it over a year, and should have bunkered some.  It was a ridiculously good deal.  I haven't had one opened for a few years, but only have 3 left.  Might have to open one soon!

Here is the bottle pic of the BIB and the 8 year,

IMG_9176.JPG

I probably bought a case of it over a year, and should have bunkered some.  It was a ridiculously good deal.  I haven't had one opened for a few years, but only have 3 left.  Might have to open one soon!

Here is the bottle pic of the BIB and the 8 year,

IMG_9176.thumb.JPG.06133253a59d1a4e945620f35a385e6b.JPG

Those are some very cool bottles. I'd probably hang on to them until and if Heaven Hill ever brings them back, only than would I consume them.

must we guess one before posting? I've got a few in mind for the next few days; maybe even get some at Binny's World of Whiskies Thursday

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.