Next 3 bottles to open from the bunker

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Related to the recent post of your next 5 bottles, what are next three bottles you intend to open out of your bunker? I try to limit the number of bottles open yet the bunker continues to grow, and I seem to always be changing my plans of my next three I'm gonna open...

currently:

1. OWA PS (after I finish my 50/50 SB blend)

2. BT PS

3. ORVW 107 or 1792 FP PS or KCSB PS (as I said I keep changing my mind...)

Old Grand Dad dusty from 1980
Old Scout SB 11yr
Old Forester Sig

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to think of three in the bunker that I haven't opened.  Based on that I would say

1) Bulleit 10 year.

2) Booker's Batch 2016-06.

3) Booker's Batch 2017-01.

This is usually a tough decision each time I go downstairs to bring up a bottle. If I had to choose right now it would be:

1) WTRB

2) CEHTBP

3) RY 10SB

Now this could be completely different when I go down there and look in the morning. All good problems to have.

1) Russell's Reserve (I recently emptied a bottle and this is my favorite daily drinker)
2) Knob Creek Single Barrel Kroger Store Pick
3) Jim Beam Signature Craft

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Only 2 right now, getting to them soon.

Stagg Jr. (Batch 3) 

Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel

1 hour ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

1) Russell's Reserve (I recently emptied a bottle and this is my favorite daily drinker)
2) Knob Creek Single Barrel Kroger Store Pick
3) Jim Beam Signature Craft

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What do ya think of the Jim Beam Signature Craft? I had this one, is it the same as your bottle.

Jim Beam Signature Craft Quarter Cask Finished Small Batch (3rd Release) (12 Yr. Old) (86 Proof) 

My last grouping of open bottles was mostly BIB's. Going with BT offerings this time around. I just opened a bottle of BT. Next three are:

Stagg Jr.

ETL

2010 PS Weller SR

Cheers! Joe

If I had to venture a guess today it would be:

1792 Port Finish

Pikesville Rye

Eagle Rare store pick

Who knows what will actually happen.

Nothing for a while. My bunker is more on the few extra bottles end of the spectrum with 1 ER, 1 EC, 2 OWA.

I can't honestly answer the question.  Currently, I've got at least 3-6 months of open drinking ahead of me, without opening anything up.  But then, you never know when the mood will strike........:)

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

I can't honestly answer the question.  Currently, I've got at least 3-6 months of open drinking ahead of me, without opening anything up.  But then, you never know when the mood will strike........:)

Exactly this. I have plenty open and no plans to open anything else soon but that won't stop me from opening something tomorrow if I suddenly decide I'm in the mood for it.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Exactly this. I have plenty open and no plans to open anything else soon but that won't stop me from opening something tomorrow if I suddenly decide I'm in the mood for it.

Funny you should say that Steve. I've got too many bottles open already but had a killer urge for some ORVW, so I opened one tonight. I'm weak, I know it and I don't care.

34 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Funny you should say that Steve. I've got too many bottles open already but had a killer urge for some ORVW, so I opened one tonight. I'm weak, I know it and I don't care.

I prefer to think of us as opportunists. 

How many guesses do I get?  Like, I have no idea as that corner of my bunker is really dark.  I'm pretty sure the next ONE will be a BT basic as I've been craving that candy apple.

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

How many guesses do I get?  Like, I have no idea as that corner of my bunker is really dark.  I'm pretty sure the next ONE will be a BT basic as I've been craving that candy apple.

Don't box yourself into a corner Harry. It could be anything.

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I'm weak, I know it and I don't care.

Me too - I usually open whichever unopened one the wife stumbles across in the Man Cave.  Or not.   :P

I have several bottles that i want to open but like many of us, i've got  almost 20 opened at that time. 

Next ones when i'll make some room in the cabinet : 

Stagg Jr batch 6 (66.25%)

Elijah Craig batch 11

4R SmB 2014 LE

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

I have several bottles that i want to open but like many of us, i've got  almost 20 opened at that time. 

Next ones when i'll make some room in the cabinet : 

Stagg Jr batch 6 (66.25%)

Elijah Craig batch 11

4R SmB 2014 LE

That's a good trio.  If I didn't live so far from Belgium I'd stop by and share a pour with you. :)

32 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

That's a good trio.  If I didn't live so far from Belgium I'd stop by and share a pour with you. :)

I would happily welcome you for a pour or two. ;)

Had the flu this weekend so didn't drink much but I updated the inventory and did some re-arranging Sunday while recovering... 

42 currently open: 36 bourbon, 6 rye (43 if I count the 50/50 SB Blend...)  So I'm not thinking of opening any bottles anytime soon... There are many on tap that I want  to open, but I think I'll wait until I whittle that open number down just a touch...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, JTaylor said:

Had the flu this weekend so didn't drink much but I updated the inventory and did some re-arranging Sunday while recovering... 

42 currently open: 36 bourbon, 6 rye (43 if I count the 50/50 SB Blend...)  So I'm not thinking of opening any bottles anytime soon... There are many on tap that I want  to open, but I think I'll wait until I whittle that open number down just a touch...

Well, so much for that...

Opened a MMPS last week (gotta know if I'm going back for more...) and opened a Stagg jr. on Saturday night. Will be opening the PVW 23 in a couple weeks when my son gets out of the Navy. Will probably open several others then too! I have an EC18 and OB Rhetoric 22 standing by...

• 3 months later...

I haven't actually made up my mind yet, but I'm considering the possibility of a little SBS action in the near future. :P The pic below speaks for itself. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Joe

weller.jpeg

Well, I only know the next one to open - an OWA that I found on the back of an upper shelf.  I think it's been there about two years.

OR, maybe it'll be a replacement OGD BIB as the one in my trash can is almost empty.  Decisions . . .

Joe - I'd say a SBSBS on the OWA's would be a good one. (remember....I'm only 15 minutes away)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.