Next 3 bottles to open from the bunker

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I haven't actually made up my mind yet, but I'm considering the possibility of a little SBS action in the near future. :P The pic below speaks for itself. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Joe

weller.jpeg

There's really only one answer, isn't there? 

12 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

There's really only one answer, isn't there? 

I kind of like that squat bottle with the paper label that looks like Confederate money - just grab the neck and pour.

Through the process of elimination, (eeny meeny, miny, mo)  a Weller 12 SBS is first up. :D

Cheers! Joe

Through the process of elimination, (eeny meeny, miny, mo)  a Weller 12 SBS is first up. [emoji3]

Cheers! Joe

Was hoping you'd do a 3 way SBS of your different WSR after all the talk recently of how good the new bottling is I'd love to hear the Weller whore's take.

That being said three bottles is a big commitment and opening that paper label isn't something you can run out and replace.

I did the W12 SBS of old bottle to new. I didn't notice any significant difference but I suspect you'll pick up more than I would.

Just opened a Bulleit barrel proof.  Good nose, thin mouthfeel, decent finish with a hint of mint coming back up amongst the heat. 

Next two up are Rebel Yell SB and a '16 OFBB

Edited by Paddy

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

OR, maybe it'll be a replacement OGD BIB as the one in my trash can is almost empty.  Decisions . . .

I highly recommend the OGDBIB out of the refrigerator into a glass from the freezer.

Planning to open a SAOS 11yo SB, waiting for the bottle to be shipped to me, coming from Texas to Belgium. Take that customs. Next one will be a 2015 SmB LE from 4R, scored one in a trade and i've got one more in the bunker, i miss this one so much, will be nice to have it again. Last one will be a batch #3 of Stagg Jr but i'm waiting to finish batch #6 which is pretty great.

Cheers! 

Will.

My next one will be either blanton s or saossb

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, I recently opened up my last Weller 12 1.75, a Parker's Heritage Promise of Hope (last of that too).  I'd say my next will probably a ORVW 10 year that I got last year.  They just taunted me--and I had to give in!

But those would be the special bottles I have (not too many left these days...). Thankfully Wild Turkey 101 is readily available!

IMG_0689.JPG

3 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Well, I recently opened up my last Weller 12 1.75, a Parker's Heritage Promise of Hope (last of that too).  I'd say my next will probably a ORVW 10 year that I got last year.  They just taunted me--and I had to give in!

But those would be the special bottles I have (not too many left these days...). Thankfully Wild Turkey 101 is readily available!

IMG_0689.JPG

Oh yes..........PoH is one of my favorites.

After I empty my next bottle, in no particular order, I will open one of these:  WLW 2016, Johnny Drum Private Stock, 4R SmBLE 2016.

Cheers 

Probably another ER10 since the current one is almost empty.  Then most likely an ETL. I dont have any Elmer open right now. And then a GTS16. Maybe not necessarily in that order. 

Edited by Clueby

My wife's brother is getting married next week and she convinced me to pull a couple of bottles that I bought long ago, never thinking they'd end up being special occasion bottles.  If they survive the trip to California, they'll be opened and enjoyed in the wilds of the Klamath River!

IMG_1066.JPG

Edited by scratchline

2 hours ago, scratchline said:

My wife's brother is getting married next week and she convinced me to pull a couple of bottles that I bought long ago, never thinking they'd end up being special occasion bottles.  If they survive the trip to California, they'll be opened and enjoyed in the wilds of the Klamath River!

IMG_1066.JPG

Oh man now that is a wedding party I would want to crash.

Great choice, enjoy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.