Russell's Reserve 6yr Rye

hawkeye62
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know what the mash bill is for the RR 6yr? I read a review on Whiskey Jug that claims it is 65% rye, 23% corn and 12% barley. 

Regards, Jim

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, hawkeye62 said:

Does anyone know what the mash bill is for the RR 6yr? I read a review on Whiskey Jug that claims it is 65% rye, 23% corn and 12% barley. 

Regards, Jim

The Whiskey Tree has the WT rye, including RR, as 51/37/12 which I have also see on other blogs. I don't know that WT has made a regular habit of revealing the mashbill. I too have seen the Whiskey Jug report that it is a 65/23/12 mashbill but have nothing to clearly support either claim. I presume that applies to all WT rye not just RR.

30 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The Whiskey Tree has the WT rye, including RR, as 51/37/12 which I have also see on other blogs. I don't know that WT has made a regular habit of revealing the mashbill. I too have seen the Whiskey Jug report that it is a 65/23/12 mashbill but have nothing to clearly support either claim. I presume that applies to all WT rye not just RR.

Yeah, I always thought that Russell's Reserve rye or bourbon was selecting barrels from the "best" location in the warehouse. If that is true, then the mash bill would be the same.

Regards, Jim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.