Condensation in Bottle

Dave_in_Canada
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've never seen this before. But I have one bottle that keeps displaying condensation on the inside of the bottle. I keep most of my bottles in cool places. This bottle of Eagle Rare 10yr (single barrel version in tall bottle) occasionally displays condensation. It's 90 proof, I'm thinking there's too much water in it!

toast.gif

Is it an open or sealed bottle Dave?

I have bottles sealed in my closet (which is rather cool) that occasionally show a bit of condensation around the neck too. I don't remember which ones off hand though as they are bunkered bottles and I do not venture back there often but I could have sworn I remember being shocked one time that a bottle of Stagg had it! Now we know there isn't much water in there lol.gif

The only bottle I've ever seen it happen is with this Eagle Rare (out of hundreds of whiskeys including sc**tch). It's always done it right from the day it was opened. But of course, it's not full anymore! smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.