I stumbled upon a good bar

Sour Mash Esq.
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm lucky I didn't stumble out literally.  I thought it was the best bourbon and the collection I've seen, but I can't say for sure.  I was able to try Michters bourbon, Eagle Rare and Blanton's which were all new to me.  But there must have been 20 other bourbons and ryes on the shelf, and back-up bottles for everything below the bar.

I'll try to attach a pic.

IMG_0962.JPG

Solid selection. That Blanton's appears to be a private selection, to boot. How were the prices?

Like $8.25 for a rocks pour, which looked like a couple of shots to me.  The Blanton's was $13.25.  I'm new to bourbon, so I don't know what to expect in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

Like $8.25 for a rocks pour, which looked like a couple of shots to me.  The Blanton's was $13.25.  I'm new to bourbon, so I don't know what to expect in that regard.

Thats a bit high for Blanton's.

$10.00 max for 1.5 oz.

I get it for $4.00/1.5oz @ the local elks club.....but perhaps I'm spoiled.....:)

Well, I'll say this, all three pours were good, but the Blanton's was the third best.

I could easily spend a fair amount of enjoyable drinking time at that bar.  

I'm new as well but those prices are better than what I see in North Ga. at most of the bars I've been to. I really don't know what to look for as I've traditionally been a beer drinker... 

Until recently. 

I'm trying everything mentioned on this board.  A client gave me a bottle of Willet a few years back and it all started there.  We have 10 bottles open in the office at the moment.

20 hours ago, Kpiz said:

...Blanton's appears to be a private selection, to boot.

The ER as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Thats a bit high for Blanton's.
$10.00 max for 1.5 oz.

I get it for $4.00/1.5oz @ the local elks club.....but perhaps I'm spoiled.....:)

Got to love the elks clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On May 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM, CaliER said:

The ER as well.

And the Russell's Reserve 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.