Bulleit Barrel Strength in NY

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a heads up to any that might be interested, Bulleit Barrel Strength has apparently been released in NY, just grabbed a bottle for $60. Was disappointed I didn't grab one when I was in KY last November so really excited to give it a try. The place I bought from ships to AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, SC, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. The cost plus shipping was cheaper than tax and a subway ride to the nearest place in NYC that had it so one less thing to carry on my commute.  Feel free to PM me for details.

Edited by kevinbrink

I don't remember ever seeing/hearing anything about a wider release. Nice to see.

^^^^It's languished on the shelves here, so maybe that's part of the reason.  So much so, that I've failed to even give it a go, yet... 

Is this stuff any good? I'm skeptical based on my experience with the standard offering.

It's not bad, but not great, either. I picked up a bottle in KY last month and have had a few pours. The component whiskies don't seem to have blended well and compete for attention. Sometimes it tastes like Beam, sometimes like FR, but never like something unique. I don't regret buying it but probably won't get another. 

I can't seem to get motivated to care about this since I can just get a FR PS for roughly the same price for roughly the same product.

Admittedly I think the price is a bit high but it generally got good reviews when it was first released so I myself am looking forward to trying it. I've certainly spent $60 in less well advised ways.

8 hours ago, dcbt said:

I can't seem to get motivated to care about this since I can just get a FR PS for roughly the same price for roughly the same product.

The 4R will be better. The Bulleit will have Beam, B-F, and who knows what else blended in.

37 minutes ago, flahute said:

The 4R will be better. The Bulleit will have Beam, B-F, and who knows what else blended in.

So if I like Beam better than 4R does the converse bear true?  I don't know I'm in the camp that likes sourced KBD products like Noah's Mill and Rowan's Creek, and I would generally take a bottle of Bookers over most 4R Private Selections I've had. I'm a buyer on this and really don't expect it to hit any distiller's profile. I will admit that I typically avoid Diageo products so admittedly I'm swimming in rarely traveled waters here. On the plus side if you try this and you dig it I would expect it to be pretty consistent and availability might be better than some other options. I will say that price wise I don't think it's the best value, but if I was going to rate all bourbon on some Age/ABV based value scale why would I buy more than WTRB and HM10. I readily admit that curiosity is getting the best of me here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.