What's popping up in duty free shops?

Sour Mash Esq.
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have visitors arriving from abroad, and these visitors will ask if they should look for anything in particular at the duty free shop.  Has anybody been through one lately and have a suggestion?  I can't find Blanton's, Eagle Rare or any Weller around me, so that's going to be my thought, perhaps Stagg.

54 minutes ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

I have visitors arriving from abroad, and these visitors will ask if they should look for anything in particular at the duty free shop.  Has anybody been through one lately and have a suggestion?  I can't find Blanton's, Eagle Rare or any Weller around me, so that's going to be my thought, perhaps Stagg.

Where are they flying in from

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Where are they flying in from

Yes, that would help. Much of duty free these days seems to be "special" bottles with fancy names full of thin low proof NAS whisky, especially with scotch. Bourbon is at best hit or miss no matter where you are but the Blanton's higher proof bottles are an option if they can be found, especially SFTB.

Amsterdam was usually one airport with a decent number of options but it has now been a year and a half since my last trip there.

3 minutes ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

Vancouver BC

Oh dear.  I went back and forth to Vancouver every week for a few months a couple years ago.  Whole lotta Jack Daniels and not much else.  Good luck.

Edited by dcbt

5 hours ago, dcbt said:

Oh dear.  I went back and forth to Vancouver every week for a few months a couple years ago.  Whole lotta Jack Daniels and not much else.  Good luck.

Still the case. Just passed through Vancouver a few weeks ago and nothing exciting in Duty Free. Jack galore indeed and no BT stuff. 

While not bourbon, I did pick up a few bottles of Nikka From the Barrel (Japanese whisky) at a liquor store in town (did not have in duty free). Not available in the US and I really really dig the stuff.  Did not see any hard to find bourbon in the liquor store though.

I believe you can still find age stated Wild Turkey in some Duty Free stores. 

Flew out of Milan ,Italy - Malpensa , a few days ago .  The whiskey selection at the Duty Free store was terrible.   Less than 10 Bourbons, Tennessee Whiskeys and Irish combined,  and not much more in Scotch .  Other than a few high end Scotches , nothing that's not available here.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I believe you can still find age stated Wild Turkey in some Duty Free stores. 

Yep, got a couple of WT13 at JFK about a month ago

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.