Parker's Heritage 11 (2017)

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, Kane said:

How does it compare to ECBP and PH Promise of Hope?

Considerably better than ECBP, and I like ECBP a lot. It's better than what I remember of Promise of Hope, but I haven't tasted Promise of Hope since 2016 at a bar.  It is hot, but again, just great powerful flavor.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my bottle last night. The store owner got 3 bottles and was nice enough to save one for me (the other two went to other regulars). It's pretty crazy how much attention PHC gets now - he said he's been getting a lot of calls about it, and he thinks someone was following the delivery truck because there was a guy he's never seen before who came in asking about it right after it was delivered :rolleyes:. For some reason I thought this would be somewhat more widely available (a la Promise of Hope) but so far it seems pretty limited, unless they're doing multiple large allocations, which is possible. I can't recall seeing how many bottles or barrels they intended to release.

Anyways, I had planned to open it in the store but the store owner said he had been tasting new products all day and didn't think he would be able to appreciate it. So it stayed sealed...for now. I don't have any long term plans for it so if I get a hankering then I'll open it up. It's pretty encouraging to hear that it compares favorably to ECBP!

On 10/19/2017 at 2:20 AM, Kane said:

How does it compare to ECBP and PH Promise of Hope?

I opened mine this week.

Initial impressions are that it tastes like a honey barrel of elijah craig.  Lots of wood, some caramel, vanilla, and a hint of that nuttiness that heaven hill seems to have in certain products.

To me it tastes like just a really darn good barrel of the old AS EC 12 with the red "12" on front (at least how I remember it).

I would say that I've had certain batches of ECBP that are better than this to my palate.

I also remember POH being more to my liking than this, but I had a lot of pours the night I tried POH.

That being said, its a brand new bottle and new bottles are often a struggle for me to fully appreciate.  In a few weeks, it'll be interesting to see how it changes.

I might be singing a completely different song...

Edited by 0895

I got lucky and found a couple of these at somewhat reasonable prices, but still above SRP.  These are the first PHC bottles I've ever even seen in the wild, so I was happy to find them. I probably won't be opening one anytime soon since I currently just have too many bottles open, but I'll be anxious to read others thoughts about this year's release. 

44 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I got lucky and found a couple of these at somewhat reasonable prices, but still above SRP.  These are the first PHC bottles I've ever even seen in the wild, so I was happy to find them. I probably won't be opening one anytime soon since I currently just have too many bottles open, but I'll be anxious to read others thoughts about this year's release. 

Duuuuuude. I was the first non distillery employee to taste this. It's incredible whiskey. Open it now and taste it stat. 

• I like it 1

Duuuuuude. I was the first non distillery employee to taste this. It's incredible whiskey. Open it now and taste it stat. 

I'm sure it's very good Steve, and I am somewhat anxious to try it, but I'll be patient and work through a few less than stellar open bottles first or I'll never get them off my bar. Then the PH will be my reward for suffering through some mediocre bourbons that I bought because I just had to try them. I'll probably be drinking a lot more bourbon cocktails the next few months to accomplish that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

I'm sure it's very good Steve, and I am somewhat anxious to try it, but I'll be patient and work through a few less than stellar open bottles first or I'll never get them off my bar.

THIS^^^ is NOT the way to look at it, Icpfratn.

You need  the incentive of KNOWING how good it actually is, in order to be motivated to use up (or pour out, in some cases) the crummy stuff.

Therefor, TASTE THE PH!!!!    ...And, if necessary, re-taste it every now and then (each day?) to remind yourself that life is waaaay too short to drink mediocre (or worse) whiskey.

Just MHO, of course.  ;)

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

THIS^^^ is NOT the way to look at it, Icpfratn.

You need  the incentive of KNOWING how good it actually is, in order to be motivated to use up (or pour out, in some cases) the crummy stuff.

Therefor, TASTE THE PH!!!!    ...And, if necessary, re-taste it every now and then (each day?) to remind yourself that life is waaaay too short to drink mediocre (or worse) whiskey.

Just MHO, of course.  ;)

^^^

This

A buddy of mine just changed dimensions at the early age of 50.

Sh#t Happens

Open it now. Enjoy it slowly for the next week, month, months or years. 

Ya just never know when your card will get punched.

I sure don't want to check out with my last thought being 'OH NO! (didn't get to try) My PHC!...... :o

Cheers,

RW

• I like it 1

You guys are tough , and make some valid points! OK, I promise to open a bottle soon, but I'm traveling for the next few days, so it will be early next week. [emoji3]

I couldn't wait to open mine. Just got it today. Very good,  kind of reminds me of a high proof HM SiB / EC BP.  I have some more work I have to do, so can't drink too much right now. 

IMG_2249.thumb.JPG.cfda5c9fcb9d21f1d242f30a66e8e1b9.JPG

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

You guys are tough , and make some valid points! OK, I promise to open a bottle soon, but I'm traveling for the next few days, so it will be early next week. emoji3.png

All I can say is.....

Cheers! Joe  :D

I opened mine tonight. I posted over in the "What bottle did you open.." thread. It reminds me of ECBP a lot. A really good ECBP.

I guess all barrels are bottled at 122 proof? This might have been discussed earlier. I didn't scroll all the way through the thread. My barrel # is 2 away from LCWoody's.

20171103_205753-1209x1612.jpg

20 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I opened mine tonight. I posted over in the "What bottle did you open.." thread. It reminds me of ECBP a lot. A really good ECBP.

I guess all barrels are bottled at 122 proof? This might have been discussed earlier. I didn't scroll all the way through the thread. My barrel # is 2 away from LCWoody's.

Mine is two away but in the other direction 5005862, now here is a SBS that would be fun!

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

All bottled at same proof, yes. The one I tried from the barrel was 150+ and it blew me away. Great with water added of course. 

20171103_205753-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.aa8c622888695c72cd510c11a5c729fa.jpg

Wish I would have been able to pick up PHC at that price! You rarely ever see it around here for retail and retail would probably still be around $150 here anyway. I've talked to several store owners that I know very well recently about Distillery Suggested Retail prices, and they have stated that many of the LE suggested retail prices are almost their cost from the distributor, especially when they only get one or two bottles of something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Wish I would have been able to pick up PHC at that price! You rarely ever see it around here for retail and retail would probably still be around $150 here anyway. I've talked to several store owners that I know very well recently about Distillery Suggested Retail prices, and they have stated that many of the LE suggested retail prices are almost their cost from the distributor, especially when they only get one or two bottles of something.

This store is always fair with their pricing. They don't get many LEs. She was surprised when it showed up along with EC18 and ECBP. The EC18 was $106 for comparison and the ECBP was $54 i think.

This store is always fair with their pricing. They don't get many LEs. She was surprised when it showed up along with EC18 and ECBP. The EC18 was $106 for comparison and the ECBP was $54 i think.

At those prices, I would have bought one of each (if they let me)

I would have too, but those prices aren't likely in my area. The lowest price I've ever found ECBP was $59.99. I've never actually even seen an EC18 in my area, but the few shops that I've heard that get it will premium price it to some extent.

I did buy 2 PHC (one for another sbr) and an EC18. I left 2 EC18s on the shelf. I didn't buy any ECBP as it was A117. Already have a couple of those and its my least favorite batch. Was first time I'd seen it there. She said it was her first time getting it. Hope that bodes well for the future.

• I like it 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, Clueby said:

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Kpiz said:

I tried the EC18 at World of Whiskies here in Atlanta this past weekend. Still not enamored with it. It is single barrel of course but the barrel I tried was tannic and dry and almost seemed tired to me. Not sure exactly how to explain what "tired" is in terms of whiskey but it was definitely underwhelming! But EC18 has never really suited me for some reason.

The new ECBP that they had on the other hand seemed better than the last couple of batches based purely on my distant recollections of it. Might be time for a SBSBS!

Edited by tanstaafl2

After much deserved pressure from Steve, Rich and others above, I finally opened one of my bottles of PH11 this afternoon. I'm happy to say that I am not disappointed with my purchase. I believe others have described it like the best ECBP they have ever tasted, and I have to agree with that. At 122 proof this needs no water to tame it down. Cheers!

• I like it 1

I tried the EC18 at World of Whiskies here in Atlanta this past weekend. Still not enamored with it. It is single barrel of course but the barrel I tried was tannic and dry and almost seemed tired to me. Not sure exactly how to explain what "tired" is in terms of whiskey but it was definitely underwhelming! But EC18 has never really suited me for some reason.

I was at the World of Whiskies here in Atlanta, and I wasn’t impressed with the EC18 either. I did like the ones that I tried in 2016 though.

Picked up a bottle this afternoon.     I won't open it for a while, though.   :(    I'm using a particular special mouthwash 3-times a day for a while (prescribed by my dentist) and it changes my taste buddies massively.   :o

...And, not for the better.   :angry:

So I'll wait 'til all that ends to pour anything.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, briankeith513 said:

I was at the World of Whiskies here in Atlanta, and I wasn’t impressed with the EC18 either. I did like the ones that I tried in 2016 though.

Well, I am glad to hear it wasn't just me!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.