Elijah Craig with red 12 on front

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Ouch - that's harsh!   :lol:

Hey could be a mutually beneficial thing. But we won't go there. :P

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

Did you ask her if they had any more in the back or do you like driving to upstate NY? :P

It is unavoidable that I'll end up there again, my brother has a house in the Adirondacks the store is the only one in town. I thought about asking to look around in the back but I like the surprise when I find stuff on the shelf. She has 6 family size bottles of EC12, I bought one so far and the others have not moved, my brother says he is buying his 2nd when she is down to 3, me I might budge next time I go there and there is no dusty WT.

Did you ask her if they had any more in the back or do you like driving to upstate NY? [emoji14]

Someone has clearly never been to the Adirondacks. Beautiful countryside, great fishing, buck and bear hunting. Well bear not so much unless you enjoy dragging dead piles of flab through the forest.

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Someone has clearly never been to the Adirondacks. Beautiful countryside, great fishing, buck and bear hunting. Well bear not so much unless you enjoy dragging dead piles of flab through the forest.

Along with liquor stores with lots of dusty old favorites the locals don't seem to know are there.

Along with liquor stores with lots of dusty old favorites the locals don't seem to know are there.

Stockpiles of 375s of old WT and a ton EC12. Definitely need to hit up the Adirondacks.

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Just curious...  Why would one need to 'drag dead piles of flab through the forest'?

My bear hunting has always been more like sitting very still and quiet, awaiting the arrival of a bear within range, taking time to judge whether or not to harvest whatever bear does arrive, then after making the shot and determining the bear's location and certain demise, gutting him, quartering him, (or if wanting a rug calling for help) and hauling him out.      ....Little or no 'flab' involved, though there has been some degree of dragging (though that tends to diminish the quality of a rug).

Wondering what you were getting at with the comment is all.....:huh:

5 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Just curious...  Why would one need to 'drag dead piles of flab through the forest'?

My bear hunting has always been more like sitting very still and quiet, awaiting the arrival of a bear within range, taking time to judge whether or not to harvest whatever bear does arrive, then after making the shot and determining the bear's location and certain demise, gutting him, quartering him, (or if wanting a rug calling for help) and hauling him out.      ....Little or no 'flab' involved, though there has been some degree of dragging (though that tends to diminish the quality of a rug).

Wondering what you were getting at with the comment is all.....:huh:

Ha it wasn't intentional but could see how my comment may imply something maybe similar to certain folks sex life... :P Admittedly I've never been beer hunting.  About 15 years back I use to work for GE in upstate NY out of college and use to talk to a lot of the machinists, many where big hunters.  I asked one of the guys about bear hunting.  He said he went through the process of getting the license for bear hunting one year, but would never do it again as his idea of fun is not dragging a pile of flab through the woods back to cabin.  This guy apparently was not the outdoors men that you are and wasn't gutting and quartering right in the woods after the kill.  

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha it wasn't intentional but could see how my comment may imply something maybe similar to certain folks sex life... :P Admittedly I've never been beer hunting.  About 15 years back I use to work for GE in upstate NY out of college and use to talk to a lot of the machinists, many where big hunters.  I asked one of the guys about bear hunting.  He said he went through the process of getting the license for bear hunting one year, but would never do it again as his idea of fun is not dragging a pile of flab through the woods back to cabin.  This guy apparently was not the outdoors men that you are and wasn't gutting and quartering right in the woods after the kill.  

HA!    Was he speaking about the dead bear... or himself???    He-Heeeee!

HA!    Was he speaking about the dead bear... or himself???    He-Heeeee!

Ha probably both. However he didn't mind dragging himself out there for other types of hunting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.