Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Gorzo said:

I wouldnt say I found the  PVW or 15yr squat bottle. The PVW is all due to my cousin losing 25k -50k everytime he goes to Vegas . He tends to get the hook up. I told him to ask for some PVW for the bar and his room . Brought home the stuff in his room. Luckily he is a beer drinker.  15yr ORVW was a  payoff/trade for something else that has nothing to do with bourbon. Everything else is store bought, gift shops or lotteries. 

Ha.

That's awesome.

Your cousin went to Vegas and you won!

I'd be bringing him beer every day.

:)

13 hours ago, vlado_mato said:

I know it's humble compared to you guys, but i'm proud of it considering the part of the World I live in. By the way, I store two dozens of empty bottles in my closet.

WP_20170804_17_41_41_Pro.jpg

Nice variety, might not be the biggest stash but no clunkers there either, I could get by with those no problem.

All you boys in Texas, guard your bunkers and your families - not necessarily in that order. 

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

All you boys in Texas, guard your bunkers and your families - not necessarily in that order. 

Yes, time to move your best bottles to higher ground!

Came home and  it was all on the ground. Guess top shelf bookcase pin gave way . Somehow every bottle was fine except for PVW 15,20,23 and 15yr squat bottle..... my luck sux!

3 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Came home and  it was all on the ground. Guess top shelf bookcase pin gave way . Somehow every bottle was fine except for PVW 15,20,23 and 15yr squat bottle..... my luck sux!

Sooo all of the hard to find ones. Hopefully your cousin bet on Mayweather tonight 

5 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Guess I can lick the floor

IMG_0854.JPG

Wow.  That sucks.  Really sorry man.

The PVW bottles are very thin, crappy glass, compared to some of the others.

Did the WLW survive?

Every bottle hit the floor and only the  Van Winkle stuff bit the dust.  The Larue and everything else survived. 

IMG_0851.JPG

I've got a buddy that a few of the board member know who keeps his bunker in an old IKEA Billy shelf with Billy doors. I see thousands of dollars of whiskey on a $60 shelf and think of the pictures you sent Gorzo. That's some shit luck man. I'm really sorry that happened to you.

After the first time I saw Bruce's set up in his basement I immediately switch out my Billy bookcases for commercial grade metal shelving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Trust me it won't happen again.

It wasn't really advice. I'm sure that's a lesson learned no doubt without us morons chiming in. More of a commiseration.

12 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Wow, what a loss!  Who was home when it happened? Got to be a teenager or 2 involved here.

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

It wasn't really advice. I'm sure that's a lesson learned no doubt without us morons chiming in. More of a commiseration.

I realize that. I didn't take anything bad out of your comment. 

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Wow, what a loss!  Who was home when it happened? Got to be a teenager or 2 involved here.

Nobody.  Hardwood flooring soaked up the bourbon so the house smells like Buffalo Trace tour..... always looking at the glass 1/2 full! Does make an interesting case that if you do want to display stuff may want to obtain  or save some empty bottles and fill them with tea.  The real stuff (if or when I get it back) will be in fail proof storage.

19 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

A case could be made for PVW being a bottom shelf whisky 

All my best stuff goes on the bottom shelf. It would probably still get crushed or something with my luck. The best laid plans and all that.

Sorry to see it, Gorzo.

Everyone take a pour out of their best tonight. A bourbon drank is an experience that can never be taken away.

48 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

Nobody.  Hardwood flooring soaked up the bourbon so the house smells like Buffalo Trace tour...

You could probably charge admission as most people have never smelled Pappy's let alone tasted it.  ;)

11 minutes ago, DCFan said:

You could probably charge admission as most people have never smelled Pappy's let alone tasted it.  ;)

Good idea ! Will offer it up on my Go Fund Me Page. 

I'm thinking you should put a bucket in the basement to catch it when it comes through.

"Extra aged in wood"

:)

I just shed a tear at that.  Cut that floor out and soak it in a barrel..similar to what they do to extract Devil's Cut.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.