Desert Island Bourbon

EarthQuake
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

You're stranded on desert island with a crate full of a single type of bourbon. Whats in the bottle?

I haven't had the chance to try many of what would be considered legendary bottles, so I'll go with one of my favorites: Orphan Barrel Barterhouse.

If i was having one big pour and that was it forever, Im taking BTAC weller, but for an every day drink by myself, on the deserted isalnd, in the hammock I strung together with palm fronds and a nice breeze? I like Clueby's call with the OWA

Bonded OGD.  Come to think of it, my TV chair is my island so I think I'm already ready.

Four Roses Single Barrel (normal one) from a barrel with nice strong graham cracker notes.

Old Grandad 114 . . . Elmer T. Lee . . . Knob Creek 120 Single Barrel . . . Old Weller Antique . . . Ummmmm . . . Old Weller Antique, but my case is all 1.75L bottles.  You didn't specify what size. :D

Wow!    That would be a tough choice for me.    I'm certain I'd have to mix a case.

Here's what I'd include:  WT 101, a particular store pick of KC SB 120, OGD114, a particular store pick of Buffalo Trace: 3-each.    And, if I could pick a few more I'd include 3-each of the GBS picks if RRSBSB, and GBS picks of both Four Roses SB's.

Jeeeeeez, I guess that doesn't even get 'em all.     I'm bad at this!     I guess that's why I have about 60 open bottles all the time.    Can't decide very far in advance what I'll want.     I LIKE CHOICES!!!!

Back to the one-and-only idea: that store pick of BT, I guess.

5 hours ago, BigPapa said:

Knob Creek 120 proof single barrel

This was my "deserted Wyoming mountain lake" go-to for a week (though finished it a bit early).

Wind River Range, unfortunate that the whiskey ran dry long before the trout stopped biting (they never did stop).

9 hours ago, DCFan said:

Me, Wilson, and BT - what more could anyone ask for? :D

I could ask for Ginger and MaryAnne...

IMG_3682.JPG

Edited by smokinjoe
A picture is worth a thousand words.

36 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

IMG_3682.JPG

Yeah, you could ask but that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get. Not to burst your bubble but here's what they look like today.

Image result for tina louise  Image result for dawn wells 2016

I'd flip a coin between Russell's Reserve Single Barrell and Four Roses Single Barrell. 

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Yeah, you could ask but that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get. Not to burst your bubble but here's what they look like today.

Image result for tina louise  Image result for dawn wells 2016

Well, you pick your time frame, and I'll stick with mine...  :lol:

Tough question! (The desert island bourbon, that is, not Ginger or MaryAnne -- MaryAnne for sure!)

After pondering the question for a minute, I think I'd go with Blanton's.  It's not my favorite bourbon at any given moment, but I always enjoy it, no matter what mood I'm in, what I'm eating, what the weather is like, etc.  It never disappoints me, so I think it would be a good pick for me as my one and only. 

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

IMG_3682.JPG

Come on, you know one of my pet peeves is hoarding! I'll take Mary Ann.  :D

1 minute ago, DCFan said:

OK, I'll share.  But, get the hell off my island!  :lol:

My bourbon will have to be any year of George T. Stagg.  2004, if pressed.  There's just so much you can do with Stagg from consumption, to medicinal, to fuel, to anticeptic, to...a 101 uses!

1 minute ago, DCFan said:

No one would take Mrs. Howell? :P  

If I were stranded on a desert isle, I probably wouldn't be too upset if any bourbon were available.  However, if I were to find a bottle and Jeannie were in it and granted me 3 wishes, I am certain bourbon would be my 3rd wish.  I would then wish for a pallet of Blanton's or Knob Creek Single Barrel to soothe my palate on those tropical evenings spent with Jeannie. :lol:

Can we have a dishwasher for clean glasses and possibly an ice maker? You know, just for those days like today when the heat index around here was flirting with 106F.

Would I be able to take Rum as well or only bourbon?!?!?!?!?!? I think I'm taking Bookers if I can take some rum too, if not I might go with a case of AE Finished Rye to kind of cover both and neither at the same time ;)

Edited by kevinbrink

Mine would without a doubt be the 2007 WLW. If there was somehow a doubt, my second choice would probably be OWA. Once a Weller whore, always a Weller whore. :D

Cheers! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.