Describe your bourbon with one word.

Jfletchgu
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

^^^^LOL (I'm effing serious in that I'm soooo happy my mouth wasn't full when I saw this)! 

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

^^^^LOL (I'm effing serious in that I'm soooo happy my mouth wasn't full when I saw this)! 

Right there with ya! Joe is on a roll right now.

This year I'd say my preference has been "berries"

But only because nobody has done "butterscotch" right since National Distillers and other old bottles it breaks my heart I couldn't bunker.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 1

I know its not a flavor but Elijah Craig has a woodiness that reminds me of my Grandpa's barn. One sip and I'm eight years old again, exploring that 100 year old barn.

Edited by M1marksman
spelling
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, M1marksman said:

I know its not a flavor but Elijah Craig has a woodiness that reminds me of my Grandpa's barn. One sip and I'm eight years old again, exploring that 100 year old barn.

Oh, Heck Yeah!    Old (well-seasoned) wood?    Just another great aroma that can produce such a fond trip down memory lane.   

Most of have several of these lying in wait for the trigger to spring one on us.     Ain't it Great???!!!

Another one for me is EWBIB I get red hots cinnamon candies, and my personal favorite daily pour is VOBBIB which I think is best described as banana bread.

• 3 months later...

After having several pours of my first bottle of Old Fitz BIB I can't help but think of "doublemint gum". I believe it was member oldfitzwiththegoldlabel who described it that way once, and as I sit here and sip on some I can't help, but notice how accurate that description is.

Not bourbon but can't resist:

Crown Royal Northern Harvest: shit.

Nope, 5th pour and it's simply not working. I found that precious bottle that I truly hate; a once in a lifetime experience.

• I like it 1

I'm surprised nobody has posted the obvious - BEAM = funk.:lol:

Early Times BIB: Dark chocolate....The finish is exactly like eating a piece of dark chocolate to me.

• I like it 1

• 8 months later...

While enjoying some Stagg Jr tonight I thought of this old thread.

Stagg Jr = Cherry Cola (at least to me)

Edited by Jfletchgu

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

While enjoying some Stagg Jr tonight I thought of this old thread.

Stagg Jr = Cherry Cola (at least to me)

My recent experiences with Jr. jive with this.

Rebel Yell - Shit.

Larceny - The shit.

Wanted to try a SBS at lunch, tried RY for the first time and ruined my beloved Larceny.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, Mako254 said:

I've heard ans read this but have never tasted it. Dickel 12 was what got me in the sour mash world. Must be a palate thing. 

GD is what converted me from scotch.  Hadn't tried some in a few years so picked up a bottle a few weeks ago and had to force my self to get through it.  All I could taste was burnt corn.  So disappointing.

My 1st bottle of CEHT SiB = bubblegum

1st Mich10 = Werthers

Store Pick KC120 = Blast!!! (of flavors)

Blanton's = Nice

Blanton's Gold = WOW!!!

OWA = Yes!!!

Big Level = WTH!!!

7 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

GD is what converted me from scotch.  Hadn't tried some in a few years so picked up a bottle a few weeks ago and had to force my self to get through it.  All I could taste was burnt corn.  So disappointing.

TT,

what dickel expression? I liked Dickel 12 and the ‘small batch’. Dickel 8 was un drinkable. Be curious to try their juice at cask strength. 

TT,
what dickel expression? I liked Dickel 12 and the ‘small batch’. Dickel 8 was un drinkable. Be curious to try their juice at cask strength. 

If you’ve had many of the Barrell Bourbon batches, you’ve probably tried Dickel at cask strength. [emoji3]
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.