Old Crow Pics

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's a couple pics I took this morning.

These are of Old Crow.

The bottom one is from almost the same place as on of the pics Chuck posted on here a couple days ago.

post-409-14489811384759_thumb.jpg

Here's some more.

My father grew up in a little shanty house across the street from the main entrance. It's right off the edge of the bottom pic. He went with me while I took these. Both of his parents worked at Old Crow. They have security and everything there, but he told me about a place up on the hill they called the Crow's Nest. Said it use to be a picnic area that overlooked the Distillery. When it warms up, he said he wants to walk up there.....with or without permission. He can role off all kinds of information about that place that I didn't know anything about.

post-409-1448981138525_thumb.jpg

Here's an example of how they let anything thats not useful in the aging of the bourbon, go to hell. This was the distillery managers house. He said it use to be a super nice house.

post-409-14489811386206_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for posting those pictures. It's a shame that all of that went to waste. I wish, that somehow, there could be, a committee of caring folks who would look out and protect our "Bourbon Heritage". Make sure that stuff like this quits happening.

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.