Old Taylor Pic

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's some Old Taylor pictures I said I would take. They aren't very good quality. I didn't bring my regular lense. When it gets warmer and greener, I am going to call Mike Withrow and see if he minds if I walk around the property and take some better ones. But these will have to suffice until then.

Alright, the first pic is the back of the same building that Chuck posted. The bushes are a little out of control now. In the back ground you can see the top of the spring house.

The bottom pic is the spring house. This is the best angle I could get on it, and its hard to tell anything about it. At the very top you can see some of the wood broken off. The picture Chuck has is of the front side.

post-409-14489811386494_thumb.jpg

The top pic needs no description. If anyone plans to drive by this sometime, the spring house is directly behind the smoke stack at the left corner of the Castle.

The bottom pic is the old gardens directly to the right of the castle. This use to be one of the nicest looking places. The old fountain isn't much anymore. There are walkways all around that fountain, but its really hard to see because all the weeds.

post-409-14489811386984_thumb.jpg

The office building. Directly across the street from the Castle. This building is a lot worse than what the pic makes it look.

post-409-14489811387574_thumb.jpg

These are taken from directly across the street from the fallen warehouse(pic to follow). Actually there is a small cemetery plot right behind where I took these. I have no idea of whos buried there. Small rocks used as tombstones. Both are taken from the same place.

These are looking toward the Castle. I remember them rolling barrels from the warehouses on the left, over the catwalks to the bottling house on the right around 15 years ago. The top pic is the warehouses on the left in the pic below. These are the two that, I assume Wild Turkey uses now.

post-409-14489811387853_thumb.jpg

The top pic is of the 2nd warehouse away from the camera in the post above. You can see where the old Distillery sign was painted on the side of the building. It's odd, because Taylor used the same shape painting as Old Crow. Neither is readable. If you look closely at the front of the trailor you can see why I assume Wild Turkey uses these warehouses now. It says "Wild Turkey"

The bottom pic shows the infamous collapsed warehouse. As you can see the numerous pallets of brinks stacked up, clean and ready to use. These are staked all around the warehouse. Someone spent a ton of time cleaning the mortar off and neatly stacking them up.

post-409-14489811388325_thumb.jpg

These are pictures of the other "long" warehouse right next to the collapsed one. Basically its twin, but this one is a little longer. If you looked at the aerial photo site I posted on another thread, these are the two in the curve that sit end to end. The first is the front of the building and the second is the back. During the summer all those little trees have leaves on them and you can only see about the top half of the front. It use to only have regularly cut grass all around it

post-409-14489811388837_thumb.jpg

This is a pic of one of the old company houses on the grounds of Old Taylor. My father said that there use to be a few houses built by the distilleries(both crow and taylor) that workers lived in. After they decided they didn't need them any longer, they actually moved some of them about a mile down the road into Millville(still used). The reason I post this pic is because while we were down there this morning, my father informed me that my bedroom furniture use to be in this house. I knew it was old, but I had no clue where it came from. This house is about 100 yards from the spring house.

post-409-14489811389288_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little side-bar on your Wild Turkey truck pic. This fall the Wild Turkey trucks were emptying that warehouse. There was some disagreement between both parties over much possible damage to the barrels due to a leaking roof. Hope the roof is back in shape, I never want to lose any good bourbon!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.