So, when will Birthday Bourbon start showing up, in y'alls experience?

HookemBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, BourbonGuy said:

When is it usually released?  I thought it was closer to Oct/Nov....

Supposedly in September; but, the earliest I've ever seen it in "The Mitten State" has been after I return home from the KBF (last week of September), and usually more like mid/late October.    A couple years it finally showed up in mid-November.    Once that was reputedly a bottling issue; but who knows?

Its September which means Birthday Bourbon will be getting released and some States should start to get their allocations before long. When did they start showing up for y'all last year? Hit Alabama in last week of Sep amd again first week of Nov if I remember correctly. Prayers going out for everyone in the path of Irma and all of yall in Texas. Stay safe. Edit - I saw there was a post made before I made this one asking about BB in Texas. Maybe people from all over could chime in here. I figured the BB questions would start coming soon. 

Edited by Insanityabounds

Lol. I just made a post kinda like this without having seen this one. More encompassing though cause I figured these questions would start to roll in! 

Theoretically it is initially released on George Garvin Brown's birthday which was September 2nd. In practice, at least in Georgia, it is usually late September or more likely early October that it gets released by the distributor and we start to see it as best I recall.

I have never heard of it being released by distributors in Texas until October, but I know some states get it in September. 

Saw a couple of crotch shots from people who scored bottles in the Phoenix area over the weekend. One featured a receipt showing they paid nearly $100. I won't lose a second of sleep over missing that.

16 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Saw a couple of crotch shots from people who scored bottles in the Phoenix area over the weekend. One featured a receipt showing they paid nearly $100. I won't lose a second of sleep over missing that.

Isn't retail $80?  I think you're doing pretty well if you get it below $100. 

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Isn't retail $80?  I think you're doing pretty well if you get it below $100. 

Not sure what's current retail on it but, to me, it's overpriced. Great stuff at $50-60 but I'll step aside at anything higher.

I could have sworn I started this particular thread. Weird. Anyways, I have been told it should be hitting shelves in Alabama the 2nd or 3rd week of October, I would start checking around the 7th. Cheers!

On 9/7/2017 at 6:12 PM, Charlutz said:

A couple of bottles have hit Facebook already. Blue cork seal strip. 

Wtf. 

On 9/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, jvd99 said:

Came and went in Chicagoland 

That was quick! Illinois distributors must be on it! 

On 9/21/2017 at 1:30 PM, briankeith513 said:

I got 2 bottles last year.  Has anyone gotten a bottle or tasted this year's yet?

You've got enough. Lol. 

On 9/19/2017 at 12:46 AM, mosugoji64 said:

I heard that. I am gonna get a bottle this year but probably not next year as I have heard its going to over $90 retail. Gouging at anything above $70 IMO. 

1 hour ago, Insanityabounds said:

I could have sworn I started this particular thread. Weird. 

You aren't imagining things. This thread was already in existence when you started another one about the OFBB. I merged them.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

You aren't imagining things. This thread was already in existence when you started another one about the OFBB. I merged them.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I figured that was what happened. 

So, OFBB has come and gone in Birmingham which means its probably come and gone most places. Been working hard but hope some of y'all who wanted it got one. I was able to scrape one together for retail....and it was too high. Last one of these I see myself buying for a while, even though prices will prob go over $100 at some point soon. 

Southeast Michigan has had deliveries of OFBB within the last few days or a week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.