Whiskey Magazine...Welcome to the Bunker?

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

grin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif Do a little song and dance before the introduction...Clear ya throat, and start ginnin' grin.gif

Whiskey Magazine, issue # 37, (with Bill Murray on the cover) has published a story, by our very own, Chuck Cowdery. The title of this article is, Welcome to the Bourbon Bunker? The story is about Bourbon "Collectors". There are a couple of fantastic pictures of Omar and Mark in there grin.gifgrin.gif Whitttttttt Whirlllllllll grin.gifgrin.gif...(case ya don't know my lingo, they just got whistled at, ya know, what all ya'll (Dudes) do when ya see a pretty lady? grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Back to the subject. grin.gifgrin.gif

It quotes grin.gif Bobby Cox grin.gif in there. High Five! grin.gif Our Bobby, shooting it straight grin.gifgrin.gif It's a, very good, make ya proud, kinda story. Specially, since they are members of this forum.

For those of you who don't know Omar, he's the guy in the picture right beside the Title, of the article. There is no caption beneath Omar's picture identifying him frown.gif

Oh Well, Chuck, you did a excellet job and I look foward to seeing more of your insight into our world of Bourbon grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

P.S. Their link... whisky magazine

I heard about this appearing. We don't have it on the newstands yet in Toronto, but I am looking forward to buying it soon.

Well done, Chuck Cowdery! And Mark, Bobby and Omar: good to see your names in lights. smile.gif

Thanks, Bettye Jo, for the heads-up.

Gary

I would like to publicly thank Chuck for including me in the article. As with all his work it is concise and entertaining .

Thank You Chuck! toast.gif

• 1 month later...

Here it is (Whiskey Magazine)...

Welcome to the Bunker

For those of you not familiar with this forum. Bobby ( <font color="green"> bobbyc</font>), Mark (<font color="green"> Paradox </font>) and Omar ( <font color="green">bourbonmed </font>) are moderators. Chuck Cowdery, (the writer of the story) is our famous, historian/writer/and just the neighborhood man in the know (cowdery) grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif I Just Love It! grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for posting the article. Great to see that sweet face a' Mark's right there in front of his stash! I'm laughing at the thought of hoarding bourbon during Y2K, though.

I'm laughing at the thought of hoarding bourbon during Y2K, though.

It sure beats ending up with a hoard of flashlight batteries, unused and slowly dying of old age. grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I'm laughing at the thought of hoarding bourbon during Y2K, though.

At the risk of straying slightly off topic here, has anybody ever purused the survivalist newsgroups? Those guys are bordering on the fanatical, but one thing I've found interesting is the talk about what to have stockpiled (or "bunkered" if you will). According to them, liquor is *DEFINITELY* something to have lots of, if for no other reason than for bartering purposes.

Those guys are bordering on the fanatical,

I was playing it from the side that if nothing happened, I didn't want to have anything on hand that would look utterly ridiculous( A wood burning cook stove for example if you didn't already own one.) So I had on hand enough ( so I thought) things to go on a Winter camping trip of about 2 weeks duration. I had less than 10 bottles at that time.

As far as being a survivalist, if the game changes I'll do what I can to adapt. I don't spend much time being concerned with that possibility.

I enjoyed the article about the American whiskey bunkers, but what did you all think about the "Tokyo Calling" article (about Bill Murray in "Lost in Translation"), where the author seems to spend as much time complaining about American society as he does on the movie.

The sentence that takes the cake was "But it says much more about the ignorance and abrasiveness of America than it ever does about the quirkiness of modern Japan."

Made me sorry I shelled out the bucks for the magazine...

Now Ettan, you know that in America, you can't go to a journalism school or get hired by a publication without having your memory purged of any conservative ideology. Only a few lucky ones survive the virtual lobotomy with anything but a totally liberal view of everything and the shadowy outlook on everything that brings with it. Journalists for the most part see conspiracy everywhere and feel obligated to dig up a story to go with it. Don't be too harsh on a decent publication that at least half the time actually provides a service and publishes a gem from a real journalist like Chuck.

soapbox.gif

Chuck, no matter how they plead, DON'T LOOK INTO THE LIGHT. lol.gif

Ettan,

what did you all think about the "Tokyo Calling" article

I agree, the article twisted me the wrong way a couple of times. And I thought the whole political spin on the last page was inappropriate. But I like the idea of Bourbon's image gaining ground.

I also thought it was cool that the article mentioned a local band - My Morning Jacket. It said, " Louisville's My Morning Jacket all speak and sound like they know the inside of a Bourbon bottle."

These guys record in a big barn in Shelby County.

I was impressed,

Bj

Edit - Fixed URL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.