Jack Daniel's Bottled-In-Bond

Jackinbox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A good catch there Jackinbox.  The article seems to be saying this will be a regular brand, and not a one off or LE.  Maybe the duty free is just to introduce it and create a little buzz?  Really all they had to do was not dillute the regular JD as much to bottle at 100 proof.

Jack Daniels already has a BIB. It's The Single Barrel Silver Select that's only available at select duty free stores. 

Looks to me like BF is changing the name, bottle and label, and making it available at a few more duty free stores.  :huh:

Joe

25 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Jack Daniels already has a BIB. It's The Single Barrel Silver Select that's only available at select duty free stores. 

Looks to me like BF is changing the name, bottle and label, and making it available at a few more duty free stores.  :huh:

Joe

I don't see anything indicating that this is a single barrel.  It's packaged in such a way that I think it will be less expensive than Silver Select.

At the very least, I'm hoping that they might sell it at the distillery.

58 minutes ago, Jackinbox said:

I don't see anything indicating that this is a single barrel.  It's packaged in such a way that I think it will be less expensive than Silver Select.

At the very least, I'm hoping that they might sell it at the distillery.

This article describes a JDBIB as #7, that isn't the Silver Select:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/comments/5op23x/review_7_jack_daniels_sib_bottled_in_bond/

And this is the website for Silver Select:

https://www.jackdaniels.com/en-us/whiskey/single-barrel-100-proof

So are we talking three different whiskey's, or two, or one  whiskey with different packaging? 

I'm pretty sure the Single Barrel 100 proof is just the label update for the Silver Select which looks like the old bottle design also used for the US single Barrel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.