BTAC Announcement

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, The Black Tot said:

I qualified for Grand Reserve this year but it freaks me out the way every TW location seems to do things differently. There seems to be no way to know what to expect.

So far I have heard exactly NUTHIN' from them.

Harvey?

1 minute ago, DCFan said:

Harvey?

My store is in San Antonio. Blaming Harvey would be a stretch for them...

8 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Harvey?

As in hurricane, or the proverbial invisible rabbit from the movie? I'm gonna guess the rabbit. What you don't see......:ph34r:

FWIW, I stopped at one store yesterday while grocery shopping with my wife. When I told them the BTAC had been released and asked them about it and the other fall releases, here's what I was told by the liquor store manager. "We haven't received anything. Nobody's said anything about what we might get either." <_<

Cheers! Joe

Harvey?

Really I propose other states give up there allocations as part of flood received efforts, :)

12 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

My store is in San Antonio. Blaming Harvey would be a stretch for them...

While your location says H as in Harvey Houston. :P

Edited by DCFan

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As in hurricane, or the proverbial invisible rabbit from the movie? I'm gonna guess the rabbit. What you don't see......:ph34r:

Cheers! Joe

But there really was a rabbit. Bugs told me so. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Really I propose other states give up there allocations as part of flood received efforts, :)

No way! That con man is in San Antonio. No flood no juice. :P

No way! That con man is in San Antonio. No flood no juice. [emoji14]

Ok specifically Houston only, need to show Htown residency for your BTAC pickup.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok specifically Houston only, need to show Htown residency for your BTAC pickup.

Ok this brings up the 2nd part of the problem: how can I give up what isn’t even available to me? So hell yeah, take it all! :D

Not that I need to defend myself here, bub ;) - but Total Wine only opened in Houston about a year or two ago.

Prior to that we faithful had to drive to San Antonio. Add to it that I don't trust brand new stores to get decent allocations, and my store stays San Antonio.

Just for that I'm going to hunt Northern Virginia this year.

17 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Why stop there?

"Must produce 12x12" piece of moldy drywall"

3 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Not that I need to defend myself here, bub ;) - but Total Wine only opened in Houston about a year or two ago.

Prior to that we faithful had to drive to San Antonio. Add to it that I don't trust brand new stores to get decent allocations, and my store stays San Antonio.

Just for that I'm going to hunt Northern Virginia this year.

Come on over. Can you say ABC? I will out of the goodness of my heart show you the screw top cap section. ;)

Just now, DCFan said:

Come on over. Can you say ABC? I will out of the goodness of my heart show you the screw top cap section. ;)

I meant I'm going to hunt for you :ph34r:

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I’ve made that drive and it was probably the most boring 4 hour drive I’ve ever had the displeasure to do. Isn’t NASA liquors closer?

1 minute ago, DCFan said:

I’ve made that drive and it was probably the most boring 4 hour drive I’ve ever had the displeasure to do. Isn’t NASA liquors closer?

It is. Would you like to disclose all of my honey holes in one go in the General Forum today? 

Nit, you gonna take this?!

1 minute ago, The Black Tot said:

It is. Would you like to disclose all of my honey holes in one go in the General Forum today? 

Nit? He’s the one who talks about it constantly. Being observant was something I had to master when I started walking a beat in Harry’s neighborhood over 40 years ago (unless he lives in downtown, Georgetown or upper NW). :ph34r:

12 hours ago, DCFan said:

Coming from an ABC state with its own online lottery, could someone splain to me how a private retailer holds their lottery?  Thanks.

This retailer just passes out number tickets during a specified time period.  No purchase necessary, although they offered discounted prices on many items.  The goal was to increase foot traffic which they did.  I would guess 300 people attended.  At an announced time, they begin drawing tickets.  Ticket holders had to be present.  The first "winner" gets first choice of bottle to purchase.  They did post what they had prior to the lottery but not how many bottles or prices.  The bottles were in a backroom.  They did announce when certain bottles were no longer available.

Another retailer who has received their allotment has scheduled a lottery for mid-December.  You get a ticket each visit to the store between now and the lottery.  You also get an additional ticket for each 750 ml bottle you purchase between now and then.  They have posted pictures what is available at this point but will provide more specific information in early December.  Each winner can win up to two bottles.

Another retailer hosts an annual "charity" event.  You pay to attend the lottery (e.g., $20) with the proceeds going to charity.  They also offer discounted prices on a lot of items so, in the end, depending on whether you buy something, you either come out even or ahead and have the opportunity to be in the lottery.  This is one of the larger lotteries with a lot of people attending. 

While I am sure there are a few, most retailers in Indy don't have stand in line first come, first served events.

• I like it 1

Uh I'm trying to man a grill and a three year old. Need your help here.

Also please shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Totally shooting you a PM

We've got to figure out what we're going to do with this DC Fan guy.

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

Very nice! Did they charge a premium or pretty much MSRP and how much before the store opened did you have to show up?

I think I lined up at 6:30am to make sure I was one of the 200. I didn't need to. I think they drew the numbers at 8 and started sending people in with a big number in order that they were picked. They wanted it all done by the time the store opened at 9. I think one bottle was $99 and the other was $109. Thats a lot of "I thinks".  Again it was VERY well organized and seemed totally fair. They asked if they should do it again that way and everyone (even those that didn't get a bottle) seemed to say yes. I don't know what the plans are this year. 

In Missouri they don't have the rewards program and Grand Reserve members. Something about the legality of it vs MO law.

4 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Totally shooting you a PM

We've got to figure out what we're going to do with this DC Fan guy.

I bet he is already on the road to Houston as I type.  :P

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

"We haven't received anything. Nobody's said anything about what we might get either." <_<

What he was telling you (in the words of Lavar Ball) is "Stay in yo' lane, buddy!"

D.C. It's complicated. NASA is a great store and it isn't. They get some nice pics and some nice high end random stuff but you're not going to find any of the decent BT stuff and none of the LE stuff.

You need to keep your hands in a lot of honey pots. TW appears to have filled aa void for the Tot and still does as the new TW seem to have very limited offerings.

8 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I bet he is already on the road to Houston as I type.  :P

The joke will be on him. 

I'm working on a ship off the coast of West Africa.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.