Piggy Backing off TBTs optimism

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If TBT is right, which I hope he is. and everything is available at or close to MSRP all the time. When that day comes and Stagg, WLW, Handy, Pappy, HHSS, etc are all as common as OGD...what will your drinking and buying habits look like.? Will you always opt for a GTS or after you realize you don't have to worry about it disappearing, will you settle back into your current dailys?

• I like it 1

I would drink Weller 12 as my go to. I think just like most high end liquors, I would only drink the Pappy on special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would certainly have an Old Rip and maybe a Pappy 15 around but unless the prices come down to earth I don't think I would be drinking them anywhere near daily drinker. Same kind of goes for BTAC though probably more apt to buy Saz 18, WLW and GTS than the other two. Like many here in reality i have what is in reality an absurd amount American Whiskey and I also enjoy Scotch, Rum, Gin and occasionally other spirits. I don't really bunker anything unless it's something I truly am unlikely to get a version of in the future (mostly stuff that lost it's age statement). Not many bottles, expensive or not, go very fast as I change it up quite a bit, I would guess on average most of my open bottles last a year to a year and a half.  Every once in a while one gets drained fairly quickly but I also have a few that have been open for a 3-4 years. 

Pappy and the BTAC are limited releases anyway, so I really wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd be more easily available in the future. As for other stuff, who knows. I've already seen more Weller's this year than I have in the last two or three years. To me, that's a good sign. 

Cheers! Joe

My Weller of choice would be Old Rip, which should logically expand in availability about 3yrs from now (provided Julian is interested in buying more and BT are interested in selling more to him) but once production surges up through the higher aged offerings I'll probably prefer my own OWA barrel pick, which should taste at least as good, and be more exactly to my preferences.

Did you guys read Chuck's post last night that Heaven Hill is doing a 25M distillery capacity expansion in Louisville? As Daffy Duck would say "Duh-rewell, duh-rewell...."

For the record I'm not suggesting GTS is going to be 12 deep at Rite Aid. Just that people aren't going to have to drive across 3 states for their 12yr mid-shelfer of choice.

For 15yr+ BT product to gain in supply should take about another 8yrs from now. It also depends how much they chop off at the knees to become Old Rip and W12

Still I'm probably most excited about seeing a relaxed attitude return to OWA availability. 

Also for the record I don't consider myself an optimist :) But when I see record level distillery and warehouse expansion, I do know how to add 12 to the year in which it comes online...

• I like it 1

Also for the record I don't consider myself an optimist [emoji4] But when I see record level distillery and warehouse expansion, I do know how to add 12 to the year in which it comes online...

[emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.