2017 4-Roses SmBLE

Richnimrod
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Does anyone know if the bottles available in Europe are a different batch or blend than what was available in America? I passed on 10 bottles of it in London today for 140£ ($175). I think the proof is the same, although I failed to get a good pic of the front of the bottle, but the back indicates there were 3000 bottles available.

1ba41f8291fa6914f6a30c0e74c18737.jpg

10cbe8942bae658815b837c4b54cff32.jpg

Yes, it's the same batch, only 700ml, the proof is a little bit different though, 53.9% in Europe, 54% in the US. Only 3000 bottles for the European market. 

Will.

Yes, it's the same batch, only 700ml, the proof is a little bit different though, 53.9% in Europe, 54% in the US. Only 3000 bottles for the European market. 

Will.

Thanks, Will!

I might go back and get a bottle, I’m undecided. If it was back home I’d buy it, but I’m just not sure I want to haul it back to the states. I’ll be hitting some whisky shops tomorrow and will see if there’s anything else I want to blow my budget on.

If my memory is correct, the blending is the same.

70 cl is abv 53.9%

750 ml is abv 54.0%

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Thanks, Will!

I might go back and get a bottle, I’m undecided. If it was back home I’d buy it, but I’m just not sure I want to haul it back to the states. I’ll be hitting some whisky shops tomorrow and will see if there’s anything else I want to blow my budget on.

You’re welcome, enjoy your trip.

Will. 

• I like it 1

I visited a bunch of whisky shops yesterday and found a bottle for £124 ($167) so I bought it. Now I just gotta schlep it home!

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 6:07 PM, graftonbc1 said:

Let me know if you get that burst of spearmint. It actually startled me.

Enjoy.

Ray

Hey Ray,

Just opened a 2017 SmB bottle, i get some mint on the finish too, it's a pretty nice release, i love it. Will get a third bottle for sure ;-) 

Cheers! 

Will.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.