Total wine pappy btac email

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I got the email regarding the annual grand reserve members release is this the first year that they did an email with a dedicated website because I heard that it used to be email then run to a store to reserve your body can someone tell me if this is a better or worst way than before 

Also this year they are including Btac when I heard that it was only Pappys years before 

some one posted that this was how the TW's in Arizona was going to do the pappy & btac collection.

3 hours ago, Broncophil said:

So I got the email regarding the annual grand reserve members release is this the first year that they did an email with a dedicated website because I heard that it used to be email then run to a store to reserve your body can someone tell me if this is a better or worst way than before 

Also this year they are including Btac when I heard that it was only Pappys years before 

what state are you in?

This is how Washington is doing it as well.

It's been different every year.

2 years ago, it was get the email, rush to the store, VW and BTAC separate so you had a shot at both.

Last year, it was the same for VW but they botched it, got a lot of complaints, so they switched it for BTAC to be, get an email, respond for a chance to reserve a bottle (no choosing yet), find out 24 hours later if you made the cut, show up at the store at a prescribed time guaranteed to get a bottle, but first come first serve for those who made the cut so you still had to get there early if you wanted to be sure you had a shot at the more desirable ones.

This is the first year for the dedicated website and for combining them into one pot from which you only get to choose one.

Since they've announced well ahead of time when the website goes live to order, I predict a total shit show and that their servers won't be able to handle the traffic.

I haven't heard about anything showing up around where I live yet. I'm guessing that a few places are holding on to their "good stuff",  and will probably be doing their usual Pappy, BTAC, LE raffles/sales on Black Friday.  <_<

I have heard from a few places that there is a point system that is being used by the distributor to determine who gets what when it comes to Pappy, BTAC, LE's etc... The more a store sells of the distributors products, the more points they earn. The more points they have, the more Pappy, BTAC, etc...., they'll receive. 

Cheers! Joe

4 hours ago, flahute said:

This is how Washington is doing it as well.

It's been different every year.

2 years ago, it was get the email, rush to the store, VW and BTAC separate so you had a shot at both.

Last year, it was the same for VW but they botched it, got a lot of complaints, so they switched it for BTAC to be, get an email, respond for a chance to reserve a bottle (no choosing yet), find out 24 hours later if you made the cut, show up at the store at a prescribed time guaranteed to get a bottle, but first come first serve for those who made the cut so you still had to get there early if you wanted to be sure you had a shot at the more desirable ones.

This is the first year for the dedicated website and for combining them into one pot from which you only get to choose one.

Since they've announced well ahead of time when the website goes live to order, I predict a total shit show and that their servers won't be able to handle the traffic.

wow, thanks for the info. 

i dont know.. i think they thought this through.

they are funneling it through an existing website dedicated to handling special requests for their VIP wine customers.  so im crossing my fingers there are no hiccups. 

unless they used the same website before??

i dont know cause this is the first year, im grand reserve

1 minute ago, Broncophil said:

wow, thanks for the info. 

i dont know.. i think they thought this through.

they are funneling it through an existing website dedicated to handling special requests for their VIP wine customers.  so im crossing my fingers there are no hiccups. 

unless they used the same website before??

i dont know cause this is the first year, im grand reserve

They've never used the website for this. For their wine customers, they generally have more quantity of product I'd guess. They also send out offers multiple times per week at any given time. 

VW/BTAC will be a one time a year offer for a very limited product, and the entire Grand Reserve mailing list knows exactly the day and time it goes live. I hope they are ready. If the majority of the mailing list experiences a website that won't load because of high traffic volume and then when they finally get through it's all sold out, TW is going to hear it from a lot of irate people.

Well, the site crashed before the sale even started...Bad idea trying this medium

Me too.  I was logged into my Concierge account at 11:30ish and the whole thing went KA-Boom!   :angry:

Bad idea (but we knew that going in, no?)!  :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Broncophil said:

1.5 hours later....still nothing

That's OK, I am sure it is all sold out by now... :o

And exactly as predicted, it was a total shit show.

TW corporate is terrible at this stuff.

• I like it 2

"Due to system issues, we have postponed the allocation of Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace. We apologize for any inconvenience but we can assure you that none of our customers have or will receive access until a rescheduled date.

We will email you once a new date has been determined."

Thanks for nothing, TW - again!  What a waste of an afternoon . . . . .  :angry:

A liquor store, full of liquor...that can't sell liquor, because they can't get their own web site to work (even though they are open and people are freely coming and going during normal business hours).

What the hell kinda' world are we living in?  :o

To quote...

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

• I like it 6

It took about an hour to get in touch with someone at Concierge Services.  I asked them when the site was going to come up and they said that due to technical issues they were rescheduling the Pappy/BTAC release.  I said to them "You realize the reason for the technical issue was thousands of Concierge members trying to get on your site at one time for the release, right?"  They said, "yes, however IT believes they will have the issue resolved for the next scheduled release."   Good luck everyone.

Not sure why this couldn't have been a state by state release instead of every Concierge member trying to access this circus at the same time.  

2 minutes ago, Jamie76 said:

Not sure why this couldn't have been a state by state release instead of every Concierge member trying to access this circus at the same time.  

TW corporate has a terrible track record with stuff like this. What's obvious to the rest of us just flies right past their heads.

I'm pretty miffed about this whole Total Wine handling of things on top of this crash.

I was told by a manager in store late last week that if I hit Grand Reserve (was a few hundred off), that I would still get an email at this point. So, I spent a good bit over my budget to get the Grand Reserve status via the manager's recommendation. I called their concierge the next day to see about getting the email and they told me that it was too late, nothing they could do, the cutoff to get it was to be GR by October 8th, the managers should have known, try again next year.

I don't know if they have much experience with the idea of 'lifetime value of a customer', or if they even care, but being as I shop exclusively with them so I can get to this 'status', and I ideally have at least another 50 years of life left in me, moving my business elsewhere is a sizable lose of lifetime value for something as small as sending an access code in an email (I know, in the grand scheme of things, my business is barely a drop in the bucket to them, but as a business owner, I abhor treating any customers flippantly, let alone top customers). Rant over.

• I like it 3

11 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I'm pretty miffed about this whole Total Wine handling of things on top of this crash.

I was told by a manager in store late last week that if I hit Grand Reserve (was a few hundred off), that I would still get an email at this point. So, I spent a good bit over my budget to get the Grand Reserve status via the manager's recommendation. I called their concierge the next day to see about getting the email and they told me that it was too late, nothing they could do, the cutoff to get it was to be GR by October 8th, the managers should have known, try again next year.

I don't know if they have much experience with the idea of 'lifetime value of a customer', or if they even care, but being as I shop exclusively with them so I can get to this 'status', and I ideally have at least another 50 years of life left in me, moving my business elsewhere is a sizable lose of lifetime value for something as small as sending an access code in an email (I know, in the grand scheme of things, my business is barely a drop in the bucket to them, but as a business owner, I abhor treating any customers flippantly, let alone top customers). Rant over.

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear about that, Ben. Was that the TW at the Tempe marketplace? Never been a huge fan of that one.

I didn't get an email either if it helps (I know it doesn't help at all).

On the bright side, you now have more bourbon (bought thinking you'd get the email) to drink and forget all about this!

Hopefully you and I will get our chance next year!

Cheers!

PS. I can still hear that bottle of W12 calling your name from my bunker ;)

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear about that, Ben. Was that the TW at the Tempe marketplace? Never been a huge fan of that one.

I didn't get an email either if it helps (I know it doesn't help at all).

On the bright side, you now have more bourbon (bought thinking you'd get the email) to drink and forget all about this!

Hopefully you and I will get our chance next year!

Cheers!

PS. I can still hear that bottle of W12 calling your name from my bunker ;)

That's the one! haha. My preference is the Desert Ridge location (I like the people that work there), but it's a bit of a drive. 

I have more of everything to drink now, so it's not all bad lol (my bar space is officially full, so I'm still figuring out what I'm going to build to hold it all now). Not getting the bottles is one thing, since it was a long shot anyway - but how they handled it is what bothers me.

I'm still on the hunt though, as some AJ's locations supposedly get it and don't have a set procedure for dolling it out. I just don't know when it's coming. With Total Wine's email thing, you reserve it now, and in my most recent conversation, was told it would be 8-12 weeks before picking it up in store. That gave me absolutely no help as to when it actually lands - as the concierge put it, I apparently know more about it than he does (which, being that is their job, is frustrating in itself).

We will have to find a time next week to meet up! 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.