Total wine pappy btac email

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, glen said:

Main draw for me, has been the Pappy allocation at straight retail price.

This year, while not able to get another 20 yr, I had to (settle) for another bottle of 10 yr, at $80!

$80 is not retail for Old Rip. Not that I wouldn't have bought it either, but it's $60 I think.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 1

$80 is not retail for Old Rip. Not that I wouldn't have bought it either, but it's $60 I think.

Retail in TN is actually in the high $80 range. I've found that suggested retail prices by the distilleries don't always work out by the time everybody takes their cut in different states with different operating rules and tax structures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

They seem to have a disproportionate failure to work out when they are limited editions... :)

• I like it 2

They seem to have a disproportionate failure to work out when they are limited editions... [emoji4]

That is very true too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, glen said:

so, has anyone else, anywhere, been able to grab a bottle from the Total Wine allotment?

I haven't, but if what I was told is true, it will be 8-12 weeks from the website purchase before anyone will be able to get their hands on it (here at least).

Our chance for  Pappy is tomorrow at  9:01....can anyone give advise as to the best approach to secure a purchase? Can I already be logged in to the concierge page or do I have to use the email link at 9:01? Any advise/tips would be appreciated.

55 minutes ago, WCP said:

Our chance for  Pappy is tomorrow at  9:01....can anyone give advise as to the best approach to secure a purchase? Can I already be logged in to the concierge page or do I have to use the email link at 9:01? Any advise/tips would be appreciated.

I'm not sure how you intend to boost your chances, but I already have my BLAF (Bourbon Lottery Assault Force) team in place (see below).  Good luck!

0021.jpg

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

I'm not sure how you intend to boost your chances, but I already have my BLAF (Bourbon Lottery Assault Force) team in place (see below).  Good luck!

0021.jpg

LOL

4 minutes ago, flahute said:

Sale went live in Washington State today and everything worked this time.

So what did you get Steve?

Just now, meadeweber said:

So what did you get Steve?

PVW 15yr. It's my favorite of the VW line.

It was hard to pass up GTS and WLW but I have a shot at getting one of those from another store. Way harder to get the VW's.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, flahute said:

It was hard to pass up GTS and WLW but I have a shot at getting one of those from another store. Way harder to get the VW's.

Congrats!  Enjoy!  It is a tasty one.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Congrats!  Are these bottles on site or is this a presale? 

18 hours ago, WCP said:

see my post from last friday...

best advice, be sure your concierge account is working and actually walk through a sample concierge purchase (you have to designate local store, buyer info, credit card, etc.), then you can cancel the sample purchase.

then have a US Naval Obs time clock running and click on that link at 9:00:00.

let us know how you do!

6 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Congrats!  Are these bottles on site or is this a presale? 

Pre-sale. The boilerplate time frame for delivery is 8-12 weeks, but that was for the nationwide sale attempt that failed.

TW Concierge system worked this morning!   :o

PVW20 was sold out in an instant, but I scored my second choice.  Charged the credit card already for delivery in 8-12 weeks.  I can wait and drink my HWMND Act 5, Scene 4 on a cold night, tho'.   :D

• I like it 1

In Nevada, was lucky to score a PVW15.  My friend somehow got the PVW23 - bastard.

I was tee'd up, ready to go, but worked down the list from the 23, 20 to the 15 before I could add anything to my cart.

Lucked out.

so DAMN PISSED, i got the 23 in cart and completed order.. damn wheel kept spinning so i let it go for 5 minutes cause i wasnt sure what was happening

called concierge, they said sold out and my order did not complete!!!

i wanted a WLW, but sold out as well.. 

"SETTLED" for a BTAC STAGG

Was able to pick up a PVW 20.  Wasn't sure as system slowed way down during checkout but credit card charged and received confirmation email.

I thought I'd place a call to investigate.

"Unfortunately NONE of these bottles were allocated to the Texas market. At all"

So there's your Grand Reserve reward, my Lone Star State friends. 

None, and done.

Edited by The Black Tot

1 minute ago, The Black Tot said:

$2500 well spent.

If there is a bright side, if you bought any amount of 'direct' items, it was a discounted kick in sack, and you still get to drink the $1700-$2500 you spent (that's how I'm trying to rationalize it, at least). :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.