Johnnie Walker Gold Label 18yr Centenary Blend

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi All,

This has been discontinued for a while, and a lot of people think it is superior to its replacement. Just found a LS with 3 dusty ones, literally dusty, sitting on the shelf for $85 a bottle. Should I grab them, there are the odd ones out there for $150 plus, so worth grabbing.

I have not tried the 18yr Platinum or the new Gold Reserve which is less than 18 years old, but I did purchase a bottle of the Gold 18yr Centenary Blend a month or so ago for around $100. It's OK, but there are MANY single malts that you can buy for a lot less than even $85 that are a lot better. I had never tried it and wanted to scratch the itch, so I bought a bottle. If you want to scratch the itch too, then go for it at $85. You probably won't dislike it, but you'll probably be underwhelmed like I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, may buy two, drink one and just put one on the shelf, as in 20yrs time who knows. When my granfather passed away 40 yrs ago he had a drinks cabinet full of unopened whiskey, some he had from his father so think 1930's,  my parents were not big drinkers and at the age I was then it was all about beer, I think my dad gave most of it away.....now I understand I little more I shudder to think what could have been in that cabinet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.