WLW vs ORVW

BigSkyDrams
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, beasled said:

Subjective taste difference. I like barrel proofers (though I almost always add water) but if I could only have one then I'd go ORVW.

ORVW is the best of the Winkle line I think, Rye aside.

I had a bottle of the ORVW last year, and had a few bar pours before, and it is a fantastic whiskey no doubt.  Part of my internal-debate on picking between it and the WLW was that with the ORVW I could buy it AND something else really good for the same price as the WLW, which really made it a tough call (even though the WLW was a relatively small markup compared to what other retailers and secondary charges).  But because I'll have another (albeit small) chance of getting an ORVW this year, that pretty much swayed me, because I know I'll have no shot at a WLW at that sort of price. 

And I'm with you on the barrel proofers.  115 proof is about the highest I really enjoy without adding a bit of water. 

Cheers!

3 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I had a bottle of the ORVW last year, and had a few bar pours before, and it is a fantastic whiskey no doubt.  Part of my internal-debate on picking between it and the WLW was that with the ORVW I could buy it AND something else really good for the same price as the WLW, which really made it a tough call (even though the WLW was a relatively small markup compared to what other retailers and secondary charges).  But because I'll have another (albeit small) chance of getting an ORVW this year, that pretty much swayed me, because I know I'll have no shot at a WLW at that sort of price. 

And I'm with you on the barrel proofers.  115 proof is about the highest I really enjoy without adding a bit of water. 

Cheers!

Hey it sounds like I dislike the Weller but it's a great whiskey and what a dilemna to have! You can't go wrong with either pick.

Enjoy :)

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.