BTAC/ PVW strike outs?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Getting in here for the good luck juju.  I've been to three raffles thus far and no dice.  I have two more this weekend and one next weekend.  

• I like it 1

I don't know of a single lottery that took place locally other than the 2 that do it "automatically" thru their rewards clubs. 

Nothing to show yet.  Not doing anything other than entering the lotteries...based on my luck I ain't holding my breath.

• I like it 1

May as well go hunting for an albino buffalo.  It's simply not worth the efforts anymore. 

• I like it 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, redlinerobert said:

May as well go hunting for an albino buffalo.  It's simply not worth the efforts anymore. 

Like albino buffalo, it isn't really that difficult to find BTAC/PVW. Their location is generally well publicized! It is more a matter of being able to afford to have one come home with you...

• I like it 1

I should have substantiated my statement, finding them at retail has proven to be very difficult. 

Passed on a little high priced van winkle 12 lot b, and GTS. Thinking I’d get better shot in raffle....struck out...not passing again

• I like it 1

I guess you could say I struck out although I really didn't go to bat or, at least, work really hard when I had the opportunity.  I attended one in-person lottery and participated in a couple of on-line lotteries, along with several thousand other bourbon enthusiasts.  Even given the opportunity to purchase, there are only a few bottles I would be interested in provided the price was reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored a 23 year pappy at $349 and a GTS at $109. My wife bought me a Sazerac 18 (paid $110 for it) for my Christmas gift. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Ajparent said:

Scored a 23 year pappy at $349 and a GTS at $109. My wife bought me a Sazerac 18 (paid $110 for it) for my Christmas gift. 

I wouldn't call that striking out. Sounds like both you and your wife have better connections than most of us here! haha

• I like it 2

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, starhopper said:

NO ONE sells it for $249 !

That's still highway robbery at over twice MSRP

18 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That's still highway robbery at over twice MSRP

Tell me about it!  But, it’s all relative.  I was willing to pay that so I could finally acquire what I consider to be one of the Crown Jewels of bourbondom.  Now that I have finally added a GTS to my collection, I no longer have the urge to keep hunting for  unicorns.  Gonna pull the cork on it in two years when I retire!

Edited by starhopper
  • I like it 2

6 minutes ago, starhopper said:

Tell me about it!

Well at least it's close to what equilibrium price probably should be

14 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Are those unopened bottles? NAW

Um yeah... the pics were taken just moments after arriving home from the LS.  The GTS was opened moments after the pic was taken!

On 12/28/2017 at 11:55 PM, Bnrhodes3 said:

I wouldn't call that striking out. Sounds like both you and your wife have better connections than most of us here! haha

We are certainly fortunate in that. :)

im slowly amassing my bourbon collection. 

• I like it 1

I didn't get any PVW this year, the first time in 8 years, and only one GTS at proper retail pricing. 

The 6 winners of the PVW collection ($1k) were to be notified by the ABC today. Nada from the ABC in my email inbox. :(

On 1/8/2018 at 5:07 PM, DCFan said:

The 6 winners of the PVW collection ($1k) were to be notified by the ABC today. Nada from the ABC in my email inbox. :(

Me either, but that's because I never entered.  I put myself and the wife in for all the others (or at least will when they actually have them).

Good luck DCFan!

6 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I put myself and the wife in for all the others (or at least will when they actually have them).

Good luck DCFan!

Thanks Joe. I just entered myself, my wife, and daughter in the final lottery this morning. I'm feeling lucky for one of those variations! :D

Today I participated in the BevMo Pappy Flash sale.  1 bottle per customer period.  Started with the 23, and every 30 minutes went down an age.  If you got a bottle, it kept you from getting any others.  I got timed out on all of them until the ORVW10.  Got one, $99.  More than retail?  Sure.  But it's way less than the $350+ I've seen them for in local stores (ok, only 2 places even have them at all in my area).  So, more than retail?  Yes.  Worth it to me?  Yes.  I eagerly await its arrival, so I can pop that cork!  

• I like it 2

On 12/29/2017 at 11:02 AM, JTaylor said:

Goose egg on the Saz18, and PVW 15,20,23 and Rye... :D

4F1838D6-4710-4165-B176-33E17F86D115.jpeg

A3688FA5-D326-4672-A843-9D53C9A82FEA.jpeg

I want to come hang out with you sometime.  :)

Let me know how that ER17 is this year.  I cannot even find it at a bar around here...

16 hours ago, DCFan said:

Thanks Joe. I just entered myself, my wife, and daughter in the final lottery this morning. I'm feeling lucky for one of those variations! :D

Just entered for the ORVW myself.   

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

I want to come hang out with you sometime.  :)

Let me know how that ER17 is this year.  I cannot even find it at a bar around here...

I'd like to say I hate to brag... but I'd be lying! I was pretty stoked at being able to pick these up this year. Last year I got a THH and a PVW23 and that was it. I was too excited to not share my good fortune! So far I've opened the GTS and WLW, probably be the ORVW next but I've been fighting this chest cold for two weeks now and Blanton's tasted damn near offensive the other day so drinking the "good stuff" has been put on hold.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.