BTAC/ PVW strike outs?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The 24 winners of the PVW 23 lottery were to be notified today. Nada in my email about picking up a bottle. 

21 minutes ago, DCFan said:

The 24 winners of the PVW 23 lottery were to be notified today. Nada in my email about picking up a bottle. 

It's too early in the day? Staying positive for you!

Cheers!

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

I wonder how many people actually only submit a single entry, vs. one for each relative, friend, pseudonym, etc?

Still waiting here too.  Guess there's always the 15 and 12 y/o drawings.

I’m not much of a bourbon hunter, except for the Wellers. That used to be my every day drink until it has now become nearly impossible to find. It is beginning to turn to frustration that I can not find a single bottle of the 12 year and it is approaching 5 years that I have even SEEN one in my neck of the woods, aside from the local bar that wants $30 a pour. Weller 12 is my equivalent of a Pappy, and yes I have struck out hard. The day I find a bottle...

18 minutes ago, Surtur said:

I’m not much of a bourbon hunter, except for the Wellers. That used to be my every day drink until it has now become nearly impossible to find. It is beginning to turn to frustration that I can not find a single bottle of the 12 year and it is approaching 5 years that I have even SEEN one in my neck of the woods, aside from the local bar that wants $30 a pour. Weller 12 is my equivalent of a Pappy, and yes I have struck out hard. The day I find a bottle...

What do you think of the W.L. Weller Special Reserve, compared to the other Weller labels?  (having only tasted the SR some years ago without a benchmark comparator)

1 hour ago, marshbound said:

What do you think of the W.L. Weller Special Reserve, compared to the other Weller labels?  (having only tasted the SR some years ago without a benchmark comparator)

The SR is the lesser of the 3 standard Wellers but it is still great juice, especially the last bottle I opened. At $20, I would far and away choose it over Makers, Larceny, or any other standard wheater. It is also the easiest to find of the three, so I tend to go to it a bit more often than Antique

5 minutes ago, Surtur said:

The SR is the lesser of the 3 standard Wellers but it is still great juice, especially the last bottle I opened. At $20, I would far and away choose it over Makers, Larceny, or any other standard wheater. It is also the easiest to find of the three, so I tend to go to it a bit more often than Antique

Thanks.  I can't find it in the Va/DC/Md area at all but I gifted my bro in Austin TX a 1.75L for $31.55 (!!).   One could do worse I guess for bulk purchases.

6 minutes ago, marshbound said:

Thanks.  I can't find it in the Va/DC/Md area at all but I gifted my bro in Austin TX a 1.75L for $31.55 (!!).   One could do worse I guess for bulk purchases.

From what I understand it is quite easy to find Weller in Texas. Perhaps you should have your bro ship you some

10 hours ago, DCFan said:

I know that website said that, but I was wondering if it would actually go out tomorrow given the holiday.  

2 hours ago, marshbound said:

Even though it's not on the website, VA ABC does get the Weller line.  I've known people who have gotten the Antique and I was able to get a 1.75 of the Special Reserve in VA.

14 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

It's too early in the day? Staying positive for you!

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind thoughts but it's on to next week's drawing for the 15yo.

4 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I know that website said that, but I was wondering if it would actually go out tomorrow given the holiday.  

Yeah I was wondering about that myself. I never did make it to an ABC to see if they were open or not but I just read about the legislature being in session yesterday, on King day.

9 hours ago, marshbound said:

I wonder how many people actually only submit a single entry, vs. one for each relative, friend, pseudonym, etc?

Still waiting here too.  Guess there's always the 15 and 12 y/o drawings.

Based on the advisories they post on the ABC website about possible slowdowns due to the PVW registration I'm guessing most enter every relative over the age of 21 who's a Va resident. I know I do. ;)

20 hours ago, DCFan said:

Yeah I was wondering about that myself. I never did make it to an ABC to see if they were open or not but I just read about the legislature being in session yesterday, on King day.

Either way I still didn't get the call.  Good luck next week.

• I like it 1

On the edge of my seat awaiting the results of the Montgomery County Md "Buffalo Trace Antique Collection Lottery"

Miniscule quantities of George T Stagg, Eagle Rare 17, Thomas H Handy, Sazarac Rye, & William Larue Weller at $99 per.  Must present ID to claim.

9 hours ago, marshbound said:

On the edge of my seat awaiting the results of the Montgomery County Md "Buffalo Trace Antique Collection Lottery"

Miniscule quantities of George T Stagg, Eagle Rare 17, Thomas H Handy, Sazarac Rye, & William Larue Weller at $99 per.  Must present ID to claim.

That lottery isn't limited to MoCo residents?

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, DCFan said:

That lottery isn't limited to MoCo residents?

Nothing in the rules about it.

• No Department of Liquor Control employees may enter the lottery
  • Must be 21 to enter the lottery
  • Must be 21 to purchase any item with valid ID
  • Only one entry per participant allowed
  • Duplicate entries will be removed
  • Legal and valid identification must be shown to pick up any lottery item 
    First and last names must match the name on the lottery entry 
    Nicknames invalidate the entry/win as they are assumed to be an attempt to duplicate entries
  • No returns on these lottery items will be accepted

https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/dlc/buffalo-trace/

I did not win a bottle in the Mont Co lottery.  There were 175 winners, and I am able to draw some inferences from the data to determine I had an approximately 3.3% chance of being lucky.  Not great odds.

Neither my wife nor I were picked for the MoCo lottery. Probably for the best as I was try8ng to figure out how I'd get to Maryland on short notice!

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Neither my wife nor I were picked for the MoCo lottery. Probably for the best as I was try8ng to figure out how I'd get to Maryland on short notice!

Southwest to BWI. ;)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Southwest to BWI. ;)

The Rockville store (where pickups occur) is damn near equidistant from BWI, Dulles and National.  But SW to BWI is normally the cheapest option.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Me either, but its only about an hour drive for me.  The number 1 before my wife got a Stagg.

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

In all seriousness, what were you going to do if you won? I’ve yet to get picked in any of the MoCo lotteries but as a local from one county over, I am a bit protective of it. They shut down the van winkle lottery this year to non MoCo residents and added ETL and EC18 to lottery when they had been first come first serve and I’d hate to see them limit their other lotteries. 

Edited by Charlutz
shut for shit. Shoulda left it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.