David Nicholson 1843?

coachd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey All,

I live in MO, 1843 is plentiful here and reasonably inexpensive. I have heard that it is hard to find in other areas of the US. Can anyone attest to this? 

One store in IA gets it occasionally and puts it glass display case with some of the other less common stuff that they get. I've never seen it at any of the larger chains.

Reviews seem pretty mixed so I've never pulled the trigger on it.

I've seen it here in Illinois at a couple of places. I bought one two or three years ago for $15.99. The price is double that now.

Biba! Joe

I saw it while travelling in IN during the fall.  Its not on the west side of MO- never seen in KC.

Its pretty easy to find here in my area of Tennessee. It seems to not move from the shelves here which is good for me because its a personal favorite wheater of mine. I enjoy it more than WSR.

Edited by Jfletchgu

I have to either pick it up when I'm in CT or order it online, I also will note that I like it quite a bit.

The Va ABC just discontinued it. I can only assume that it wasn't selling that great?? It was going for $30 which is price point that has some very good competition.

Its pretty easy to find here in my area of Tennessee. It seems to not move from the shelves here which is good for me because its a personal favorite wheater of mine. I enjoy it more than WSR.

I don't find it in my area of Tennessee, but it is available just across the state line in Mississippi, so I picked up a bottle a month or so ago to try at some point. It runs around $25 as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grabbed a bottle for less than $20 down in MD this summer.  Just had a pour this week.  Not terrible, but not a spectacular wheater either.  I brought it out to SBS with the WA107PS, which was probably unfair. 

Will enjoy this bottle, but not replace it. 

DN 1843 is $22 a 750 in Montgomery County, MD, stores, and the County has 340+ 750s available.  Its taste reminds me of slightly scorched Hot Ralston wheat cereal.  Even at a lower proof (92 vs. 100), I prefer Larceny, but the DN is certainly drinkable.

Just doused a couple of fruit cakes with it and had a pour while doing so. And I'll give the last couple of pours to my co-worker to try.

9 hours ago, Guss West said:

Grabbed a bottle for less than $20 down in MD this summer.  Just had a pour this week.  Not terrible, but not a spectacular wheater either.  I brought it out to SBS with the WA107PS, which was probably unfair. 

Will enjoy this bottle, but not replace it. 

Taste is subjective, pretty sure I would take DN over all three of the (not WLW) Wellers.

• I like it 2

I put it just above Larceny, but I don't like Larceny. I put it below MM and Old Fitz and all of the Wellers.

I'm hoping some air in the bottle will help the 1843.   

Just recently opened, time will tell. I will surely enjoy finding out!

My 107 is a honey barrel PS, thus why I said unfair. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.