Chicago

mbroo5880i
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My son is heading up to Chicago this weekend to pick up his wife who is returning from a trip to India.   He will be driving right by Binny's in Highland Park.  Just curious whether anyone has tried any of the EC store picks or the KCSB Bourbon County Stout bottles and has an recommendations.  I will probably have him stop in and can give him barrel numbers to pick up but I prefer to not shoot from the hip, although I am rarely disappointed in Binny's store picks.

Was in both the HP and LP locations and did not see any more store picks available. Previously purchased the 12 year pick, Barrel 4679884. A bit disappointing, too hot and thin without any of the vanilla and fruit notes I’d expect, but hard to argue with the $27 price. Have a bottle of the 10 year, Barrel 5084750 that I have not yet opened. Might want to try the other suburban stores. 

5 hours ago, hugh jass said:

Was in both the HP and LP locations and did not see any more store picks available. Previously purchased the 12 year pick, Barrel 4679884. A bit disappointing, too hot and thin without any of the vanilla and fruit notes I’d expect, but hard to argue with the $27 price. Have a bottle of the 10 year, Barrel 5084750 that I have not yet opened. Might want to try the other suburban stores. 

That's what I was afraid of.  They must have went pretty fast.  Thanks for the heads up!   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.