Package store in Tennessee

TheBrownHound
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Going to Sevierville this weekend. Any good package stores there is should hit. Or just stick with B&B package store in Kingsport on the way.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping you get some good replies to this. I went to Dollywood last month and didn't see many options. I stopped at a place just off the interstate on the way home and it sucked! Pardon my french.

4 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I'm hoping you get some good replies to this. I went to Dollywood last month and didn't see many options. I stopped at a place just off the interstate on the way home and it sucked! Pardon my french.

If ever through Kingsport, B&B package store is about the best i have ever been to.  The owner Thomas Carter will spend as much time with you, and let you sample (i spend an hour in the back on my first visit there).  He has been around the business a long time and is very knowledgeable.  Great selection that i cant find in VA.

it aint much to look at but is a must stop anytime in that area.

B&B inside rotated.jpg

• I like it 1

Second the suggestion for Thomas at B&B but also check out One Stop in Johnson City for some barrel picks and since your headed on over to Sevierville check out MC's Moonshine and Spirits @ Strawberry Plains exit which I think is 398.  Also in Knoxville check out McScrooges at exit 378 I think.  They've gone downhill on bourbon from where they were a few years ago but still a good selection of barrel picks

5 hours ago, TheBrownHound said:

If ever through Kingsport, B&B package store is about the best i have ever been to.  The owner Thomas Carter will spend as much time with you, and let you sample (i spend an hour in the back on my first visit there).  He has been around the business a long time and is very knowledgeable.  Great selection that i cant find in VA.

it aint much to look at but is a must stop anytime in that area.

B&B inside rotated.jpg

Absolutely stop at B&B. The place is like a treasure hunt. They have all kinds of odd/rare/interesting bourbons there and it takes some time to pick through all of it.

Sevierville has very little to offer. Pigeon Forge has the Old Forge Distillery, and they sell a sourced bourbon (likely George Dickel) that is pretty good, but it's only 89 proof.

If you have the time to go towards Knoxville, other must stops are:

MC's (on east side of Knoxville, not far from Sevierville) - lots of store selects, good prices on most things, but they do charge secondary on some rarities (GTS $500).

McScrooge's (best selection in Knoxville. Lots of store selects, 4R, KCSB, etc. They had a cask strength 8yr Old Forge at 133 proof that was great and only $50)

Campbell Station (smaller store but good selection of selections and nice prices). This is on the west side, so it's a bit of a drive from Sevierville.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, silverc said:

Absolutely stop at B&B.

McScrooge's (best selection in Knoxville. Lots of store selects, 4R, KCSB, etc. They had a cask strength 8yr Old Forge at 133 proof that was great and only $50)

I drive right by both of those a couple times a year headed to camping territory.  I'll be sure and stop in, thanks!

I've never been in the store, but I call pit row wine and liqour in Bluff City every year before Father's day and buy my dad a bottle of whiskey. My sister picks it up, wraps and gifts it for me. I'm not sure how often that sort of thing happens, but they have always been nice enough to accommodate me. I might have to try it with the B&B place this year, the pickings seemed slim last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Absolutely stop at B&B. The place is like a treasure hunt. They have all kinds of odd/rare/interesting bourbons there and it takes some time to pick through all of it.

Sevierville has very little to offer. Pigeon Forge has the Old Forge Distillery, and they sell a sourced bourbon (likely George Dickel) that is pretty good, but it's only 89 proof.

If you have the time to go towards Knoxville, other must stops are:

MC's (on east side of Knoxville, not far from Sevierville) - lots of store selects, good prices on most things, but they do charge secondary on some rarities (GTS $500).
Campbell Station (smaller store but good selection of selections and nice prices). This is on the west side, so it's a bit of a drive from Sevierville.

Campbell Station probably has one of the best selections of wine that you'll find anywhere. In early December they had a nice bourbon store pick, a Calumet Farm 10yr Single Barrel that is really good...not sure if they still have any left at this point, but I'd recommend it if they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.