Good restaurant on the way, or near, Woodford Reserve?

Skinsfan1311
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We'll driving from Louisville airport, to Woodford Reserve.   We booked the last tour of the day, (3:40pm), and would appreciate any restaurant suggestions that are on the way, or near the distillery.   

Thanks!

WR is kinda out in the boonies. There's not much to offer nearby. Also and FWIW, meals/lunch at WR is a bit overpriced and not all that good IMHO. There are a couple of places in Versailles, but Lexington or Frankfort would be your best bet to find a decent place to eat. 

Biba! Joe

Joe's correct.  I'd even recommend a stop in Louisville, then a direct drive into the distillery.  There's plenty of good restaurants in the 'ville, and anything worth mentioning between there and WR is a bit off your direct path/out of the way. 

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

WR is kinda out in the boonies. There's not much to offer nearby. Also and FWIW, meals/lunch at WR is a bit overpriced and not all that good IMHO. There are a couple of places in Versailles, but Lexington or Frankfort would be your best bet to find a decent place to eat. 

Biba! Joe

8 hours ago, Paddy said:

Joe's correct.  I'd even recommend a stop in Louisville, then a direct drive into the distillery.  There's plenty of good restaurants in the 'ville, and anything worth mentioning between there and WR is a bit off your direct path/out of the way. 

I kinda, sorta, figured that.  I appreciate the advice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.