HELP--looking for special bottle dates

tkddrew
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am new to this website, and would like to ask the board for some help. As a fan of bourbon, I would like to save a bottle for each of my 4 kids, to be given to them when they turn 21 (or maybe later, so they can appreciate it.) I would love to have the bottle show either the month/year they were born, or at least the year. I know Blanton's carries bottled dates--do any others? I am specifically looking for Nov. 1992, Oct. 1994, March 1997, and March 2001. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

That's a kewl idea. I'll check my bunker. Perhaps there will be a bottle/barrel date there that can point you in the right direction!

All of the single barrel bourbons seem to carry bottled-on dates and most also carry a barreled-on date. So in addition to Blanton's that's Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, and others that aren't leaping to mind right at the moment. Your best bet, though, might be Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage. Every bottle has the distillation year large on the front label, with the barreled-on and bottled-on dates handwritten on the back. They show the exact date for each (mm/dd/yy) so if you really want to drive yourself crazy, you could try to find their exact birthdays. Still, I think even the birth year, since it's prominent on the front label, could be pretty cool and you could, conceivably, make it a matching set. Heck, the price is modest enough that you could get a set for them and keep a set for yourself. The current vintage is 1994, you should be able to find 1992 without too much difficulty, and 1997 and 2001 will be along in time, but well before anyone turns 21. Good luck.

Thanks for reading my post, and for your reply. I appreciate it. Please let me know if you come up with any ideas that would help.

Best regs,

Drew

That's a fun idea. I have folks looking for vintage dated wine for birth years, but never had anyone putting back whiskey for their kids. Way to go!

I've talked to Buffalo Trace about buying a barrel that was barreled on my son's birthday. They will do it and special label. You have to purchase through a distributor and its sticky (read as "Impossible") if you want special proofs or statements. It worked out to be about $22/Litre for a barrel, depending on the actual volume. This is for BT.

I never followed up, but it was available.

I am specifically looking for Nov. 1992, Oct. 1994, March 1997, and March 2001.

I found a March 22, 2001, bottle in my bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.