Michter's Single Barrel??

hawkeye62
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got back from a short trip to Idaho. While there I picked up a bottle of Michter's Single Barrel rye. I can't find much about this rye, only a few reviews via Google. So, can anyone provide any insight into this rye? It is "at least 3 years old" and is only 42.4 ABV.  

Regards, Jim 

They have a distillery now but the stuff on the shelf is all still sourced product. They have historically sourced a lot from Heaven Hill and Brown Forman. I assume the rye has recently been BF. At least the barrel strength rye has tasted like BF rye to me which was the last one of theirs I’ve drank. But, I’m not a huge Michter’s fan either

I just tried the Michter's Single Barrel rye myself. I was doing a taste test between a number of rye whiskeys in order to decide which one to use for Sazeracs. When I tasted the Michter's my said that from the look on my face that he thought that I was going to cry, and it wasn't tears of happiness. Definitely not one of my favorites.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.