Minor Case Malted Rye

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone tasted this one? It shows as limited edition but after a call to Limestone Branch I found it’s a gift shop only release. I do like the Minor Case Sherry Finished and wondered how this compares. 

Hmmmm...I'm not finding any info on it. Their Sherry Cask is from MGP, so I'm curious where they'd be getting a malted rye, and what percentage is malt. Do you have any info on this?

I've passed over the MCSF many times, but I did try the JEP SF. That smells like a bag of raisins. 

If you go to their website and go to Minor Case Rye, there are 4 pics at the bottom of the page. The first one has a bottle of the Sherry Cask Finished Rye and next to it is the Malted Rye. This prompted my call to LB as I had seen the pic before but never have seen the Rye in stores. I can't find anything about it online except it's a higher proof than the Sherry Cask. If I can get a day or two off work, I'll head up and grab one.

MGP makes a 51% rye, 49% malted barley mashbill. I wonder if this is what they have or if they are truly making (or buying) a malted rye mashbill whiskey. Hard to tell much from the picture on the website.

8 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

MGP makes a 51% rye, 49% malted barley mashbill. I wonder if this is what they have or if they are truly making (or buying) a malted rye mashbill whiskey. Hard to tell much from the picture on the website.

What’s your opinion of the MGP malted barley?

Pretty sure the Minor Case is all Malted Rye not Rye and Malted Barley, more in the same vein of the Pogue/Maysville than the MGP mentioned above.

17 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

What’s your opinion of the MGP malted barley?

Never tried it and don't know if any one is even using it yet. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.