What Beer Are You Drinking Spring/Summer 2018

Kpiz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I couldnt finish the last of the Brasserie Noir. Was just "too much". Having a couple KBS tonight on the last night of a week long fishing trip.

20180427_220840-1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 2

D871A1CA-55A2-4FC5-B6FB-950E02F943B9.thumb.jpeg.bf92f733a7f8785cfce2c3a127d2c36f.jpeg12FF0D97-8F1F-4D38-BBA1-696B00FD0CA6.thumb.jpeg.ea48f6d4c975ddd8f81fed305e094d3f.jpegI’m putting an Ivan the Terrible stout (2015) in the refrigerator to drink later this week. Just wondering if anyone has had it, and is it good. I’m going to have to have some help drinking it. (750ml)

5E19C1EE-4420-4C26-8D92-127B43FCA2B7.thumb.jpeg.6605ed48d2131fa0b0a566d4c1ed4f5c.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 1

It’s not Cinco de Mayo yet, but it’s a nice warm afternoon after a long day.  So Estrella Jalisco and lime it is!

543FEA2F-CC44-4FEB-8874-34BA1ADDFB94.jpeg

Big fan of Kona Beers.  I always pick a new beer for Summer and Kona has introduced their Kanaha Blonde.  I will mix this with Big Wave, Longboard, KoKo Brown, and Pipeline Porter as these are all available from my local liquor store. 

Can’t get the Lavaman Red or FireRock IPA yet.

If I can’t get Kona, then I go to a New Belgium product such as Fat Tire.  

Even though I am in Kalamazoo, Michigan, I am not a fan of Oberon or the other Bell’s Beers.

If I had my choice this year, I would add in Southern Drawl from Great Raft Brewing in Shreveport, LA.  Great Beer that bridges lagers and ales quite nicely.

9 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Big fan of Kona Beers.  I always pick a new beer for Summer and Kona has introduced their Kanaha Blonde.  I will mix this with Big Wave, Longboard, KoKo Brown, and Pipeline Porter as these are all available from my local liquor store. 

Can’t get the Lavaman Red or FireRock IPA yet.

If I can’t get Kona, then I go to a New Belgium product such as Fat Tire.  

Even though I am in Kalamazoo, Michigan, I am not a fan of Oberon or the other Bell’s Beers.

If I had my choice this year, I would add in Southern Drawl from Great Raft Brewing in Shreveport, LA.  Great Beer that bridges lagers and ales quite nicely.

Abita amber is a great beer (IMO) out of Louisiana, if you haven't had that yet. They have other beers too but I go for the amber. 

-------------------------------

I'm drinking Tioga Sequoia's Half Dome California Wheat, which is brewed with local stone fruit. Blue Moon is spicer (also different fruit), this is a bit more subtle and fruity. 

Edited by Lenient
  • I like it 1

Yep, I love Anita, particularly the Turbodog and Purple Haze.  They also have a Harvest Ale in the Fall that is brewed with toasted Pecans that is excellent as well.  I used to see Abita regularly in my local shops but only occasionally see it now. We have so many microbrews in West Michigan that the local shops are not carrying as much from other states as they used to.

Blue Moon was my Summer beer several years ago.  Nude Beach by Point was also one of my Summer beers.  I always try to pick a new beer every Summer.  It has to be an easy drinker and usually a session beer for the low ABV.

I'm currently in Cusco, Peru on my honeymoon. The bourbon selection is nil, so I'm having a local beer. This one's pretty good. 

20180507_204531.jpg

16 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm currently in Cusco, Peru on my honeymoon.

Congrats JC!

16 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

The bourbon selection is nil, so I'm having a local beer.

Have you ever had pisco? It's made in Peru and worth trying. It certainly does not resemble bourbon since it's unaged, made from grapes, and distilled in pot stills, but it can be quite good.

1 hour ago, Kpiz said:

Congrats JC!

Have you ever had pisco? It's made in Peru and worth trying. It certainly does not resemble bourbon since it's unaged, made from grapes, and distilled in pot stills, but it can be quite good.

Thanks! I've had a couple pisco sours, which were good. I may grab a small bottle of pisco for my carry on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just cut and edged the lawn, now sitting in the shade listening to Braves on the radio. A Bud just seems the right choice, right now, on this Memorial Weekend.  

92CD145B-9AA7-4CF5-97A6-CDC339A3A907.jpeg

Having a KBS draught with late lunch before seeing the new Solo movie with the missus. Haven't had it on tap before.

20180526_151117-1209x1612.jpg

I always pick a new beer each Summer. This year it is Kanaha Blond from Kona Brewing. 

No baseball yet, for me.  Watching Indy 500 outback with a Creature Comforts Tropicaliais IPA.  I think I picked up this Koozie at the Time Trials in 1983...Crap, I’m old...”

B6A9C169-0165-44DF-9501-190A6A749C2C.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

On 5/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, Clueby said:

Having a KBS draught with late lunch before seeing the new Solo movie with the missus. Haven't had it on tap before.

20180526_151117-1209x1612.jpg

Quoting myself. Tried a bottled KBS tonight with dinner (crappie I caught). Just to compare to yesterday's draught version. Definitely creamier out of the tap.

Drake's Denoginizer-- heavy hops at 9.75%. Not my favorite type of beer normally but I have fun with it once in awhile.

Yuengling Golden Pilsner came home with me today.  I call it a good representative of the Pilsner style: thick head of foam, pale color, noble hops pronounced aroma, sweet and tart play it out on the palate, an easy drinker.

Tried Shiner Golden Ale yesterday and enjoyed it.  There aren't many Shiner products I don't like (the grapefruit one does jump to mind, though).

It’s an IPA kinda day and I’m starting with this Barebottle Secret Truth is the Universe. I think I should’ve refrigerated this more because it’s a little more bitter than the last time I had it, but still very good and nicely fruity. I also love the specs on the back label.

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

Terrapin Hopsecutioner sniped off the rack down in Bethesda this week. 

Revision Brewing Smoke & Mirrors NE IPA. Surprisingly light for 8% ABV, but has some nice melon flavors. The alcohol is noticeable on the finish. Overall pretty good.

IMG_1715.JPG

• I like it 1

Squirrel, from Rhinegeist Brewery.  A nutty, English Brown Ale that paired well with my prime rib dinner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.