What Beer Are You Drinking Spring/Summer 2018

Kpiz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Be on the lookout for Founders Better Half.  It's the latest release from their Barrel Aged Series.  Quite possibly the best of the bunch and that includes KBS and CBS.

Better Half is their Curmudgeon Old Ale aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels.  It's damn fine and I can't recommend it enough.  Be warned though, it is very sweet and clocks in at 12.7%.

Saw it yesterday but passed on it cuz of the 17.99 4 Pack price. Want to make sure it’s great before I spend 5.00 per beer.

Play Ball!  Terrapin Hopsecutuoner for first pitch.  

76BC9D52-DD9D-47E7-8803-B893B44F22BC.jpeg

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Paddy said:

Kicked off the Octoberfest seasonal’s with a Sammy Adams, followed by a Rheingeist.  

Made it to September 1, and dang is this good.  

5E72A309-15FA-43A4-BBA9-E33F982FE948.jpeg

• I like it 2

I e got the Butt on the smoker, and settling in with the local guy Red Hare’s Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest.  Bready and a nice caramelness.   Better than I remember last years being.  Now, I am officially off duty from doing anything around the house, because...ya know...I’m cookin’...and...uh...can’t leave...this chair...   :D

I'm with you guys on the Oktoberfest.  I brought some of the Sam Adam's to a family cookout - no complaints.

Maybe I can find a few of the Olde Style Oktoberfest again, if I'm lucky.

This stuff is surprisingly good. Creamy head, a roasted nuttiness, some toffee and vanilla notes. Best Bud product I think I've tried.

20180906_192451-784x1613.jpg

On 8/29/2018 at 4:58 PM, DPPSmoker said:

Be on the lookout for Founders Better Half.  It's the latest release from their Barrel Aged Series.  Quite possibly the best of the bunch and that includes KBS and CBS.

Better Half is their Curmudgeon Old Ale aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels.  It's damn fine and I can't recommend it enough.  Be warned though, it is very sweet and clocks in at 12.7%.

This hits Northern Virginia tomorrow.  I'll definitely be picking up a 4 pack.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, Paddy said:

This is an excellent collaboration.  If you have a sighting, I highly recommend.

AD06E94E-07D4-4C85-9052-19D024529D91.jpeg

I picked up a six of this last weekend.  There are two bottles left.  Very nice collab this year.  Strongly second the recommendation.

-Mike

Edited by scratchline

So I picked up some Yuengling Oktoberfest.  It's ok, but I get a corn adjunct flavor fairly strong.  I associate that more with malt liquor or beers like Busch.  It's not awful, but I don't know I'd call it Oktoberfest in a blind tasting.

Terrapin Hi-5 IPA in the Battery before heading into the park for Braves and Phils.

82261046-8A02-4C16-9E32-41712175CB20.jpeg

Back in the back yard with an apropos Terrapin Chopsecutioner Wood aged IPA, and Braves on the radio.  There was a time when winning the East was a ho-hum occasion for this organization and its fans, as the real goal was getting to and winning the World Series.  Which, we all know happened only once.  But, the Braves have been thoroughly humbled and humiliated these past several years, so watching them win the East must feel pretty good for them, and it does for me as a fan.  They’ve been a fun team to watch...and mostly, listen to...?

687157AC-09C0-412D-B105-7943EACF3B8A.jpeg

19 hours ago, dcbt said:

Wiehenstephaner Festbier (oktoberfest). I've enjoyed all the products from this ancient brewery.

I’m a huge fan of their Hefe Weissbier.  I’ll be picking up some of the festtbier this week.  Tonight I’m drinking, which is year after year one of my favorite Oktoberfest beers, from Great Lakes.

C03256B2-0C82-4F13-B58A-FDE7BACF18CB.jpeg

Late to post but not late to the party. My annual bulk purchase of SA Octoberfest and the associated enjoyment it brings has been ongoing. I love this beer!! worth the annual wait even though I ration it out throughout the "off season" LOL!!

^^^^I've especially been enjoying it 'on draft'... IMO much better than the bottled iteration found in my local shops/stores.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, Paddy said:

This is an excellent collaboration.  If you have a sighting, I highly recommend.

AD06E94E-07D4-4C85-9052-19D024529D91.jpeg

This reminds me of a German Maibock.  It's a nice beer.

Summer hanging on in NYC and enjoying my first Kings County Brewers Collective beer.

IMG_2353.jpg

This is damn good!  Citra hopped.  Simple and clean for an NEIPA.  Very low bitterness but enough to keep it refreshing in this heat.

Got a couple of imperials to move on to and this is a very promising start!

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.