Has anyone been able to find Weller Wheated Bourbon 12 year. Looking for help in locating.

Unoplop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Yeah, new label W12, OWA and WSR. I don't think any of them are special personally. I know a lot of people disagree though.

I’ve tried all the new bottles as well. Didn’t change my opinions of any of them. I always skipped WSR for the most part, regularly buy OWA when its cheap (I buy it when I see it for around $25 usually, but would never pay anything over $30 for it), and will grab a W12 when they come up for $40 or less but usually end up giving them to others as I don’t get nearly as excited about them as most people. I’m in the “RY10 is better than any of them” camp but that’s just me. 

• I like it 1

We got our allocation today (only 3 btls of .750). Unfortunately all spoken for, but at least I can say it's out there.

Good Luck!

After passing on 2 at $89.99 on Tuesday, I just got a call from an awesome LS owner who has one for me at MSRP!  

• I like it 1

After passing on 2 at $89.99 on Tuesday, I just got a call from an awesome LS owner who has one for me at MSRP!  

Based on conversations with one of the distributor reps in West Tennessee, I suspect that they are going to hold-back all of their W12 and OWA until the Fall...just like last year. That way they get to distribute some to most of the stores, and don’t have as many angry retailers. In 2016, many stores didn’t receive any W12, and store owners gave the distributor a ton of grief about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a buddy pick me up a bottle of WSR in a neighboring county for $17.99 this afternoon. I’ve heard a lot about Weller, but have yet to try any of them, so I’m excited to get it from him. 

LS manager let me know today he had one for me... said that was the only "special"  they got in their BT allocation... No Stagg Jr., No CEHT.

30 minutes ago, Statesboro Blues said:

I had a buddy pick me up a bottle of WSR in a neighboring county for $17.99 this afternoon. I’ve heard a lot about Weller, but have yet to try any of them, so I’m excited to get it from him. 

Being the Weller whore that I am, I’d be buying at least a few at that price.  ^_^

Biba! Joe

W12 was one of the first bourbons I tried and liked because a friend keeps it on his shelf (somehow). I started drinking Blantons because they tasted sort of similar to me and I actually think I prefer the Blantons now. Problem is...where I live, Blanton’s has completely dried up recently as well. 

This market is crazy. Hope you find some!

On 4/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, FasterHorses said:

Picked it p this afternoon for $41 plus tax. As close to MSRP as I'll ever get.

• I like it 1

Tried the W12 and then the Rebel Yell 10 back to back.  The W12 wins in a landslide.  To me it is a complete bourbon, nose, pallet and finish are all superb.  Availability is brutal, but when it pops up the cost is fantastic as well.  At 2x the price the RY does smell great, but has this slightly off putting flavor that i just cannot put my finger on.  It reminds me somewhat  of the "beam funk" which is why I just do not enjoy Bookers. I will probably not look to replace the RY.  But hey, to each his own. :)

• I like it 1

^^^^I refer to it (at least what I think you're describing) as the the HH 'must' (as in a musty old barn). 

I do find that the mint note in the RYSB does a nice job disguising it, but it's still there (I find it in all HH products as well). 

Having said that, I find the RYSB to be equal to the W12 in complexity, yet just a bit less refined. 

Edited by Paddy

Saw a bottle of WSR tonight in Poller and they were asking $99.99. Had to let them know that I got one yesterday for $17.99. Another store down the street had three bottles of W12 for $69.99 each. Passed on it, but picked up WhistlePig for $72.99. 

Yes - actually snagged a 1.75 in Chicago today for $49.99...it was actually 59.99 but there was a $10 coupon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

Stumbled onto an article in WA magazine. (spring '17)  F.M. wrote that Weller 12 is only released in the fall of the year.  So of coarse looking this time of year will be tough indeed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.