15 Year Bourbon

CUfan99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Me and the better half's 15 year anniversary is coming up so I was day dreaming about what I might tell her I want as an anniversary gift if she asks. These anniversary dates are about them so the thought is very self-absorbed and unlikely to materialize but indulge me please. The traditional 15 year gift is crystal so a nice decanter with a big 15 etched in it would be nice. Keeping it filled with a 15 year bourbon at all times would be really cool in my opinion. So what would be my options? No PVW 15 answers :P. The only other one I can think of is I.W. Harper 15. Are there any others I'm not thinking of?

1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

15 or at least 15?

Good idea. Let's say at least 15 to maybe open up more options.

6 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Good idea. Let's say at least 15 to maybe open up more options.

Wild Turkey, MK 17. There is still some hanging around here. 

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Wild Turkey, MK 17. There is still some hanging around here. 

Is that the one you picked up for $89?

49 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Is that the one you picked up for $89?

I think that was Decades which does not carry a hard age statement.  Although I guess technically Decades would be 10 years.  

Elijah Craig 18 year jumps to mind as a special age stated bottle

• I like it 1

I'm not sure how you feel about other spirits but keeping it filled with 15 year old Scotch would certainly be an easier task and since 15 year old bourbon mostly falls into the premium category you may even find keeping 15 year old scotch in a decanter to be less expensive. 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm not sure how you feel about other spirits but keeping it filled with 15 year old Scotch would certainly be an easier task and since 15 year old bourbon mostly falls into the premium category you may even find keeping 15 year old scotch in a decanter to be less expensive. 

Well I am cheap and I wouldn't be drinking it near as often! :lol:

• I like it 1

PVW

Forged Oak

IW Harper

Wistle Pig (rye)

assorted Willett

others that are no longer around but were a few years ago 

Johnny drum

james e pepper

BTEC (extended vs regular stave)

I also think WHH had a 15 as well as some of the GTS being 15

if you go back further perhaps WT Tribute as well as an international version of EW

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.