Beaver bourbon...

reeko
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got an email from one my regular places that said it was available for pre-order, don't believe I will regret passing on it. 

I got an email from one my regular places that said it was available for pre-order, don't believe I will regret passing on it. 
I'm thinking a lot are going to feel the same as you lol. Although I wonder if any whiskey bars will carry this just to try an ounce or two.

Ummmm, that may be used to flavor some stuff, but that just sounds nasty.  What's next, bourbon flavored with secretions from a dog's anal gland?

I believe I'm gonna pass on this one.

27 minutes ago, reeko said:
36 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm thinking a lot are going to feel the same as you lol. Although I wonder if any whiskey bars will carry this just to try an ounce or two.

If you want to try it, Im guessing it’ll be on the rack at most lesbian bars... (ba-da-bum—-pssssshhhhh...). :)

(ok, somebody had to do it...)

• I like it 1

What kind of sick, demented, marketing mind comes up with the idea "Hey.... I know what to put in this booze, beaver castor sac juice!"

Perhaps Wild Turkey should come up with a new spirit that comes with a turkey testicle in the bottle, sorta like the worm in Mezcal. 

Does a buffalo have a castor sac or some other nasty secretion that BT can use?

Fighting Cock.....don't wanna even go there.

Where does the madness end?

If you want to try it, Im guessing it’ll be on the rack at most lesbian bars... (ba-da-bum—-pssssshhhhh...). [emoji4]

Haha good one! Although now I'm wondering, can men actually enter a lesbian bar? There's no bouncer that says, no men allowed! The stuff I think about when I drink bourbon lol.

6 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

What kind of sick, demented, marketing mind comes up with the idea "Hey.... I know what to put in this booze, beaver castor sac juice!"

Perhaps Wild Turkey should come up with a new spirit that comes with a turkey testicle in the bottle, sorta like the worm in Mezcal. 

Here I sit after drinking some

KC basic instead of rum.

I logged in to read this thread.

All my dinner just hit the deck.

It doesn't rhyme,

but then

this IS an unusual time.

Burma Shave.

suck it up, EECUMMINGS.  You started your own worm farm.  Happy now?

ASIDE - Fonzie just jumpd the shark, the bubble has just burst, the universe is expanding so why care, etc.  Live with it.

Um, buffalo tongue is, indeed, a delicacy.  Beef tongue samwiches don't come close.

KC basic down the throat.  Nats over Yanks in the top of the 8th 5-4.

In the glass?  JB BIB with a whole lot of ice.  Wife says, "Put some ice in that."

• I like it 4

Their marketing department probably did the research and saw that there was a niche market for it... I blame the hipsters! [emoji14]

WARNING: Thread Drift....

This entire thread about Beavers and Lesbians reminded me of an OLD joke, for which I apologize in advance.

Bob & Bill are well into their Bourbon consumption one evening and the conversation turns toward women; sex in particular. 

Bob says to Bill; "What do you think "beaver" tastes like?"

Bill replies; "I hear it tastes just like cabbage.   Does that comport with your experience?".

Bob answers back; "How the hell would I know?!   I've  never tasted cabbage!"    Ba-da Booooom!

Hey!   I said it was old.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

KC basic instead of rum.

It doesn't rhyme,

but then

this IS an unusual time.

Burma Shave.

ASIDE - Fonzie just jumpd the shark, the bubble has just burst, the universe is expanding so why care, etc.  Live with it.

Um, buffalo tongue is, indeed, a delicacy.  Beef tongue samwiches don't come close.

In the glass?  JB BIB with a whole lot of ice.  Wife says, "Put some ice in that."

Hey Harry. How many drinks deep do I need to be to get this? I'm sober and confused! Still funny though! :lol:

• I like it 2

I had about 3 glasses before I got it. It makes a lot of sense when you're in the right state of mind lol

• I like it 1

KC basic instead of rum.

It doesn't rhyme,
but then
this IS an unusual time.

Burma Shave.

It seems like this may have triggered your writing prowess...imagine how your writing would be by actually drinking it [emoji14]

Harry is a legend.

Edited by flahute
Gonna say it again. I want to be like Harry when I grow up.
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, flahute said:

Harry is a legend.

In my own mind, at least.  Your check for pointing it out is in the mail.  Sorry, but all I had was a three-party, posted dated check.

Back on thread - putting beaver secretion in bourbon is about as WHA???? as the coffee fans who drink Kopi Luwak.  KL is made from coffee beans that have been digested and defecated by Asian Palm Civets AKA Indonesian jungle cats.  Now, there are at least TWO beverages that will never knowingly pass through me.  THANKS for the head's up.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Put "are" between "there" and "at".
  • I like it 1

On 6/15/2018 at 1:13 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

In my own mind, at least.  Your check for pointing it out is in the mail.  Sorry, but all I had was a three-party, posted dated check.

Back on thread - putting beaver secretion in bourbon is about as WHA???? as the coffee fans who drink Kopi Luwak.  KL is made from coffee beans that have been digested and defecated by Asian Palm Civets AKA Indonesian jungle cats.  Now, there are at least TWO beverages that will never knowingly pass through me.  THANKS for the head's up.

I've had Kopi Luwak on a number of occasions and I have to say it was not shitty in the least. Honestly it was a good cup of coffee but not worth the price. 

• I like it 1

Actually, more of us have tasted this without knowing it. If you look at a list of ingredients on food or drink and it says “natural flavoring”, it can and most likely is some kind of animal musk. 

I’m not a flavored bourbon guy (Knob Creek maple is an exception), so I would definitely pass on this delicacy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, reeko said:
On 6/13/2018 at 5:13 PM, smokinjoe said:
If you want to try it, Im guessing it’ll be on the rack at most lesbian bars... (ba-da-bum—-pssssshhhhh...). emoji4.png

Haha good one! Although now I'm wondering, can men actually enter a lesbian bar? There's no bouncer that says, no men allowed! The stuff I think about when I drink bourbon lol.

I was at a SF giants game many years ago. We ran out of beer in the parking lot pre-game so decided to hit up a bar close by. It was a lesbian bar and no they wouldn't let us in.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I didn't want to start a new thread - so given the thread drift on this one - here it goes - does this picture remind you of anything?  Like Beaver Bourbon perhaps?

image.png.6df73a6b8f0a9bf11fa494ee40be82cd.png

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.