Yellow label is now brown label?

Clueby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I remember a post that said that they were asked not to call Four Rose's "Yellow Label" anymore but searched and couldn't find it. I saw this liter bottle today next to a 750 and didn't realize there was a change. I guess that's coming to the 750s as well?

20180724_171902.jpg

yes. 

750 also changed to cork instead of screw. 

I think someone on here nicknamed the new bottles “mellow label “

:)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

I like the cork though.  

I’m gonna disagree, only because my bottle is usually on its side in my freezer. 

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

yes. 

750 also changed to cork instead of screw. 

I think someone on here nicknamed the new bottles “mellow label “

Yep!

I hope it sticks. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

I’m gonna disagree, only because my bottle is usually on its side in my freezer. 

That was my first thought as well. I'll just hang on to this bottle and refill it. 

20180725_194856.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

That was my first thought as well. I'll just hang on to this bottle and refill it. 

20180725_194856.jpg

Apparently you eat a lot of blueberries and bacon. 

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Apparently you eat a lot of blueberries and bacon. 

I do eat a lot of blueberries. The bacon is to wrap cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. They're a hit at cookouts!

• I like it 1

It isn’t yellow label, or brown label, it’s just plain Four Roses now.  :huh:

Biba! Joe

18 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20180725_194856.jpg

Makes sense.  However, if I'm drinking it neat, I almost prefer it a little warm.  Guess I'm odd that way, but I do like blueberries and bacon.  Good combo...

19 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

That was my first thought as well. I'll just hang on to this bottle and refill it. [ED-pic of 4R bottle in cart deleted.]

I did this with my OGD BIB orange screw caps when OGD BIB switched to fake cork.  I now refill the orange screwtop as needed.  WHY decant?  Opening makes less noise when I lift it out of the trash can near my TV chair and open and pour.  Plus, the orange cap is easier to find if I drop it.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I did this with my OGD BIB orange screw caps when OGD BIB switched to fake cork.  I now refill the orange screwtop as needed.  WHY decant?  Opening makes less noise when I lift it out of the trash can near my TV chair and open and pour.  Plus, the orange cap is easier to find if I drop it.

Great minds Harry, mine happens to be one that looks to have sat in a store window for most of it's life. 

y4mxU0lgCm2Xk_xS3k4i-rdb-3Bey1aw3X5P5JhA

• I like it 1

On 7/25/2018 at 8:39 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

It isn’t yellow label, or brown label, it’s just plain Four Roses now.  :huh:

Biba! Joe

Ima still callin' it yellow label. At least until Brent or Al scolds me for it. 

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Ima still callin' it yellow label. At least until Brent or Al scolds me for it. 

Heehee!  Ima callin’ it yella label...And, if Brent Elliott scolds me for it I’ll say, Listen Ginger, it’s Yella until you start putting out better whiskey.  Ironically, this $16 and 80 proof yella label is the best thing you got going right now.  :D

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Heehee!  Ima callin’ it yella label...And, if Brent Elliott scolds me for it I’ll say, Listen Ginger, it’s Yella until you start putting out better whiskey.  Ironically, this $16 and 80 proof yella label is the best thing you got going right now.  :D

Arguably, the new color is close to Winsor&Newton's acrylic Titanium Buff or Liquitex's Heavy Body Unbleached Titanium.  This is approximated by the color of unbleached linen which, in the fashion industry, is called ecru.

Hence, I shall follow Joe's lead - it shall be called yella label by me.

• I like it 2

Surely, you won't call it yellow label if pressured by the man in charge.  

You bet I will and don't call me Shirley!

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

This is an actual color.

20180727_215144.jpg

Boy that sounds exciting and dynamic, eh?

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

This is an actual color.

20180727_215144.jpg

Martha Stewart recommends

-"Patient gown grey"

-"This won't hurt blue"

&

-"Co-pay green"   

as trim/accent colors.

• I like it 1

My lost post -

The other day I was in a Meijer store.  Tag on shelf read "Four Roses Yellow Label".  Shelf had bottles with the new label.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.