What do you consider to be ‘bottom shelf’?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As others have stated to me the bottom shelf stuff is the entry level items that are usually lower proof and/or come in plastic bottles.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fosmith said:

Now THIS is a bottom shelf!  :lol:

I bought a 1.75 ($15.99) of the Gran Legacy about 10 years ago when I first started getting into bourbon. It's not bottom shelf at all. It's basement level. :blink: As one member here said about another crappy bourbon a long time ago, "Avoid it like the plague." I tried it on numerous occasions, and just couldn't finish it. The vast majority of my bottle became drain cleaner. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

14 hours ago, PaulO said:

I pass on all plastic bottles too.

Sundance: I can't swim.

Butch: Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill ya.

I know there are some who worry about BPA or somesuch leaching out of plastic. Perhaps. I save my worrying for things that are more likely--an asteroid collision with Earth leading to mass extinction or I will stumble across a bottle of Pappy at a Mom and Pop carryout that doesn't take Visa.

Plastic is semi permeable.  Pop from plastic 2L bottles always seem flat to me.  Also, I've seen 1.75L plastic liquor bottles start to cave in.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.