Four Opinionated people talk bourbon

Postal Grunt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Garden and Gun is a uniquely Southern US flavored magazine with a sophisticated set of style and tastes. I don't subscribe but if an article from the publication shows up online I'll read it or if I see a copy in a waiting room, I'll take the time to look through the pages.  This article showed up online today and I think that a lot of us will find it amusing.

https://gardenandgun.com/articles/best-bourbon-ive-ever-tasted/?utm_campaign=8.5+SeaVees+(H93MEe)&utm_medium=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJjbmpndW1ieUBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJiVnZ2QmUifQ%3D%3D&utm_source=Newsletter+-+US+Central

Kat Hunter is legit. Shoot the shit with her when ever I can secure sometime away from wife, child, and work at Bourbon. She knows her stuff. 

I sm sure they are all knowledgeable people but the Atlanta guy, Drew Holzemer,  lost me with a plug for Willet Pot Still Reserve. Say what????

Never was big on Bourbon Bar either to be honest. Basically a hotel lobby bar in a high end Buckhead hotel where the clientele was mostly trendy business types that buy more based on labels and who it might impress than the contents of the bottle.

Ok, maybe I am being too hard!

On second thought, nope.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Never was big on Bourbon Bar either to be honest.

Agree. The bright spot is their country ham selection. Expensive, but hard to find elsewhere.

Of those in the article, Kat would probably be the one I trusted to make a private pick. 

7 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Ok, maybe I am being too hard!

Definitely not!

On 8/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, dad-proof said:

Agree. The bright spot is their country ham selection. Expensive, but hard to find elsewhere.

Of those in the article, Kat would probably be the one I trusted to make a private pick. 

In my few interactions, Kat has been 100% legit. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.