Sign in to follow this  
bayouredd

Infinity Prawlines...

bayouredd

This thought popped into my bourbon addled mind a couple weeks ago, so I though I would give it a go...

This was a triple batch, but I will write it up as only a double. Bigger is more of a problem when making candy, so if you are not experienced, a double is easier. At least to me.

Most of my infinity bottle contains bonded and 120 to 130 proofers with the exception of the last 1/4 bottle of IWH 15, so I knew I should have no worries achieving the blue. (it'll make sense later)

I soaked 2 cups of pecans, overnight with infinity blended bourbon. ( don't worry, the OFBB is long gone)

soak.jpg.cfcb2b80acc867a1d481f0d82283386c.jpg

I then roasted the pecans in its own lovely sauces. Make sure that your stirring spoon is long enough to protect you from the "blue" & unseen fire. I stirred almost constantly. When the blue burned off, I continued dry roasting on the stove for a little while.

roast.jpg.e06dfd7dadcccc61a0868ba5ec1a4786.jpg

Next, combine:

1-1/2 cups white sugar

1-1/2 cups brown sugar

1 cup evaporated milk

Blend well & cook slowly ( I turn my gas stove to 3) No need to stir while boiling.

Cook to 238 degrees (soft boil stage)

boil.jpg.a507b0dab2fc915c60e395624438831e.jpg

Remove from heat & stir in:

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 tablespoons butter

& the awesome 2 cups of pecans

It will look grainy right off of the fire. Beat until smooth & drop unto non-stick paper (wax, parchment, etc)

And Voil`a

voila.thumb.jpg.eb42085c3f5b9f5416df19652876ee9c.jpg

The darker roasted bits of pecans actually enhance the candy... But damn, is this stuff rich!!!

• I like it 3

PaulO

The thermometer is very important in candy making.

• I like it 1

lilsweetpea

Who knew there were so many confectioners here?  I may need to follow in your footsteps and try making some of these wonderful recipes.