What beer are you drinking? (Fall/Winter 2018)

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The other two were Cantillon and Hanssens. They are already gone and I had a good time, but I don't think I was able to appreciate all the little nuances to compare them. Looks like Tilquin is also obtainable here. I'll experiment with these a bit more.

Wow very generous friend and some expensive mistakes to realize you don’t have Gose and don’t like Gueuze.

Mrs. Vosgar and I are in Santiago, Chile today leaving on a cruise tomorrow. Went to the lounge in our hotel and decided to try a Chilean beer. Pretty nice ale, but you need to be careful pronouncing the name :unsure:

20190105_184337.jpg

• I like it 1

Mrs. Vosgar and I are in Santiago, Chile today leaving on a cruise tomorrow. Went to the lounge in our hotel and decided to try a Chilean beer. Pretty nice ale, but you need to be careful pronouncing the name default_unsure.png

20190105_184337.thumb.jpg.44310359438e798f00c0195c9ee1b034.jpg

Gary, That’s an interesting departure port for a cruise. What’s the itinerary? I’m just a wee bit jealous at the moment. I hope you and the Mrs have a great time on the cruise!

Oh, and I’ll let you try to pronounce that beer name. [emoji15]

The ship actually leaves from San Antonio,  about an hour and a half from Santiago. Here's the itinerary 

image000000.jpg

• I like it 1

The ship actually leaves from San Antonio,  about an hour and a half from Santiago. Here's the itinerary 

image000000.thumb.jpg.339f31e6b567157907285f0d4bbc1f6b.jpg

That looks like a great trip! I look forward to hearing about it.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:48 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

A little sweet but nice flavor. Pre gaming for a dinner get together tonight.
IMG_2869.jpg

I REALLY like this release. It's almost CBS good to me. Since it's a lighter beer vs the CBS the sweetness does tend to show itself a little more.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:39 PM, HoustonNit said:

Why all the hate for the DKML, I actually thought this was one of the best barrel aged beers I’ve had in a while. Thanks to a generous SBer who doesn’t agree with me, I’m enjoying one of these.

Nothing like malt liquor while waiting on the grill to smoke some ribs.

IMG_5971.thumb.JPG.cea572e342232af5110a4c195dd947b6.JPG

I appreciated this for what it is..but didn't love it. It was much better with food than on its own.  The creamy head was probably the best thing about it. 

• I like it 1

I appreciated this for what it is..but didn't love it. It was much better with food than on its own.  The creamy head was probably the best thing about it. 

Pretty amazing head for a BA, especially after aging for a year or so.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:48 AM, PaulO said:

I've heard stories about going around the horn (could be some rough sea).

buena suerte amigo

We've had both ends of the spectrum already and won't go around the horn until tomorrow 

20190109_085619.jpg

20190110_160542.jpg

• I like it 1

SweetWater Ground Score unfiltered IPA from their Dank Tank series.  Bright and explosive flavors.  Perfect on the dank weather day, here Down South.

A6F26AB2-D695-4E6D-A6ED-EBC0E8B86306.jpeg

Starting about Noon, I did some 2018 income tax "organization" (e.g., sorting receipts, entering hard data into the PC tax program I use which shall go unnamed because I am no shill, and estimating dollar values on those bits I do not yet have like SocSec/Medicare/FEHB amounts) while watching college basketball.  To ensure concentration, I consumed two bottles of my favorite all-time beer-to-be-swallowed-room-temperature: Fuller's ESB.  Good thing my teams won or I'd have wasted four hours.

I know must of y’all have it a lot worse with the weather, but a windy, damp, 32 degrees is like the frozen tundra here, Down South.  Well, at least for wussies like me, here, Down South...  :D

Needing a warm-me-upper type of beer, I'm going with a SweetWater Exodus Jamaican Coffee Porter.  Ooooh, dats good, mon.

764E33FF-B390-4DD5-8820-F1008F9B83DB.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.