Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kevinbrink

TN sourced Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon

Recommended Posts

HoustonNit

4yr Old Dickel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

4yr Old Dickel?

Probably, however worth noting that the ages and proofs on the label approvals are just dummies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

Don't think this is much of a surprise. Smooth Ambler has been using Tennessee whiskey (along with MGP) in the American Whiskey they released a while back and I would suspect that it was sourced from Dickel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeffrey r

Not.at.all.interested.  I've been burned enough times by the TN Barrell bourbons (Dickel?), which while often well regarded, don't sit all that well with me.  I'll keep digging into my bunker for the "old" Smooth Ambler 7 year, 10 year and barrel proof offerings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute

I’ll be tasting a bunch of 14 yr samples today so I’ll let you know. 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
9 minutes ago, flahute said:

I’ll be tasting a bunch of 14 yr samples today so I’ll let you know. 

Looking forward to it, will be interesting to hear how they are priced considering how much BP Dickel Barrell has put out between $70-$80. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
5 hours ago, flahute said:

I’ll be tasting a bunch of 14 yr samples today so I’ll let you know. 

I’ll disown you as my brother if you allow Sarah to bottle your pick...  :D

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

I’ll disown you as my brother if you allow Sarah to bottle your pick...  :D

 

Hahaha! Duly noted. Steps must be taken to ensure this doesn’t happen!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby
On 11/2/2018 at 2:34 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Don't think this is much of a surprise. Smooth Ambler has been using Tennessee whiskey (along with MGP) in the American Whiskey they released a while back and I would suspect that it was sourced from Dickel.

Yeah the American Whiskey 107 definitely has that Dickel taste. I was not a fan. Tried a Bib & Tucker last night and I'll eat the bottle if it wasn't Dickel. Some water really helped it out and brought out some sweetness and subdued that bitter vitamin finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
On 11/3/2018 at 9:55 AM, kevinbrink said:

Looking forward to it, will be interesting to hear how they are priced considering how much BP Dickel Barrell has put out between $70-$80. 

I got my sample groups mixed up.  I’ll be tasting the 14yrs later this week.

What I tried yesterday was 10yr 5mo. It was pretty good with a strong black cherry note. I have to also admit that the vitamin note was not present. 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×