What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, elmossle said:

Couldn't resist 2 bottles of KCSB State Picks and a bottle of WTRB all on sale. The KCSB where $37 each and the WTRB was $39 with zero tax here in NH!

You're sooo weak (me too!).   ☺️

• I like it 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, cfochs said:

I located some Eagle Rare, which had been hard to come by recently in my area.  It was $25, so I grabbed two bottles.

Great choice and a very good price.  Nice job.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:54 PM, Radioyada said:

Had a good day at my favorite LS. 

B4BFDAA7-D4D1-41AB-B4C3-5F0C59965A23.jpeg

That looks like a really good day.  Very nice haul.  I wish I could find a FRLE, ever.

Family trip to Paducah KY, so had to pick up one of these. First time since I always used to snag HH 6 BIB whenever I was in Kentucky. Liking it so far!

19A595A5-8C63-46EA-9D4F-16D53CAB2389.jpeg

• I like it 3

24 minutes ago, raymoall said:

Family trip to Paducah KY, so had to pick up one of these. First time since I always used to snag HH 6 BIB whenever I was in Kentucky. Liking it so far!

19A595A5-8C63-46EA-9D4F-16D53CAB2389.jpeg

I always have some of this on hand as a daily drinker. I normally like higher proof stuff (100+), but for some reason I actually think I enjoy this almost as much as HHBIB. It’s also dirt cheap which is great for poor people like me.

• I like it 1

Funny Raymoall just posted about his new 1.75 of HH90 6yr, as I just picked up my first bottle as well. I'm liking it a lot. 

The wife and I drove down to Louisville for a concert. I was hoping to find some Early Times BiB, but I didnt see any in the store we hit up. 

20181229_182949.jpg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

I always have some of this on hand as a daily drinker. I normally like higher proof stuff (100+), but for some reason I actually think I enjoy this almost as much as HHBIB. It’s also dirt cheap which is great for poor people like me.

I actually this one a bit over the BIB for some reason.

• I like it 1

The wife and I  welcomed William to the family today. LE season was better than imaginable this year but my wallet sure hopes it's over.

enhance

You had an awesome year, and you deserved it because you probably hunt harder than almost anybody I know. Congratulations!
  • I like it 1

New arrivals for the bunker

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Cask Strength 11yr - 50.3% by Sarah
Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Cask Strength 11yr - 48.2% by James
Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Cask Strength 10yr - 49.7% by Sarah

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 5

On 12/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, El Vino said:

When you open it, would be interested in your thoughts.  Haven’t had Balcones in a while...

It isn't what I expected at all for a wheater.  Lots of ethanol on the nose, which is to be expected for a young bourbon, but the overwhelming flavor I get is chocolate.  Very sweet and smooth for the most part.  If I had to do blind test, I might assume that it was a Scotch I was tasting rather than a bourbon.  I am going to let it sit for a while and try again in about a week or so and see if my palate was off last night or if it truly is a chocolate bomb.

Never dreamed this would be something I would consider a “dusty” but here I am buying one for $19.99. They had a few more on the shelf so I may have to go back and ge them all. 

9E425969-E771-428C-AC5F-031D92BF4CC8.jpeg

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, NDN98 said:

It isn't what I expected at all for a wheater.  Lots of ethanol on the nose, which is to be expected for a young bourbon, but the overwhelming flavor I get is chocolate.  Very sweet and smooth for the most part.  If I had to do blind test, I might assume that it was a Scotch I was tasting rather than a bourbon.  I am going to let it sit for a while and try again in about a week or so and see if my palate was off last night or if it truly is a chocolate bomb.

Wow, not at all the standard wheater profile.  Wonder if other elements of the  mashbill are overshadowing the wheat?

Just got back from a quick jaunt to Louisville for a family reunion/Christmas/New Years shindig. Went with my daughter and my brother. After we landed yesterday my brother wanted to buy some bourbon to take along so after hearing so many wonderful stories here about purchases made at Kroger I pulled up the nearest one to us on GPS (Goss St by the Schnitzelburg neighborhood) and we got a bottle of BT.  They were eight deep (750's and 1.75's) and on sale too. I think it was around $25. Ah, life in bourbon country. ;) 

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Never dreamed this would be something I would consider a “dusty” but here I am buying one for $19.99. They had a few more on the shelf so I may have to go back and ge them all. 

9E425969-E771-428C-AC5F-031D92BF4CC8.jpeg

I'd recommend cracking it and seeing what you think; for my money (this used to be $16 in these parts), this is really solid bourbon - almost as good to my taste buddies as WT101 - but at a fair discount.  At $20, the discount isn't as much, but seeing as they're scrapping it - if you enjoy it, now is the time!  

Picked up a HH 90proof 6 year while down in Louisville over the holiday and was gifted this for Christmas when I got back home and celebrated with my side of the family. It was dumped from the barrel back in 2015. Also the the 375ml size which I have not seen before.

DA7BE57D-A5C2-4DA7-8329-37B830380B32.jpeg

My final purchase from my Kentucky visit...not my favorite BIB, but can’t get this in my home state...plus the price was right!

8ECC70C6-E258-4A99-8AF0-9926C110403C.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, JoeTerp said:

Last purchases of 2018.  Pleasantly surprised by VA ABC today.

IMG_0558.jpg

That’s nice Joe, but ya still got 3-1/2 hours to fit a few more in!  Off with you now!

:D  :D 

• I like it 2

Snagged another bottle of Eagle Rare. Think I need to keep this one on hand...it's becoming a go-to....

2 minutes ago, skidfive said:

My season has ended.   2019 awaits

20181231_212433.jpg

WOW!!! Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a season go that well for anyone haha. Four Grain and BB22 were my top “try to find” bourbons this year and I whiffed on both! 

Nice work!

Today I stumbled upon a Booker’s 30th ( $199 ) and weller 12 1.75 ( 59.99 )...opened both less than an hour later for friends - mixed reviews from most ( including me ) on the B30

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, skidfive said:

My LE season has ended.   2019 awaits

20181231_212433.jpg

Thats unbelievable! Way to go on the HH27.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.