Duty free shopping regulations?

SteveZZZ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm going to be flying into DFW this weekend, and I've noticed there's a DFS Galleria there, which sells some really rare Wild Turkey bourbon. I'd like to pick up a bottle while I'm there, but I'm unsure of the laws about this. Is this a possibility, or am I getting my hopes up? Do I need an international ticket to purchase the bourbon, or is it something I can do normally? Any info on what tou expect would be much appreciated.

Steve

Ouch... I'd assumed so, but I was really hoping there was some way around it... besides maybe re-routing my return trip through mexico :-p

Steve

Flying INTO the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport, whether an international arrival or not, won't enable you to shop in Dallas. You must be LEAVING the country to shop at a domestic duty free shop and, if you want the only rare WT bottling currently on sale--WT Freedom--be flying out of terminal A or B, where the DFS Galleria shops are located. By contrast, WT 12 is available at most any duty free shop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.